Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mature Thread Tall Tales (Eric, and mebbe Addnag?)
Mairead Uí Fand-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Sea Dragan
Clann: Ua Fand

Tall Tales (Eric, and mebbe Addnag?)
Date: Beltaine | 39th of Crann | 1722 ATA |
Time of Day: Early evening
Weather: Clear skies, mild temperature
---

Perhaps deciding to go for a small walk about the Fort hadn't been a great idea after all.

Mairead had been feeling a little aggitated since Garik, Nina and Adea had left on what she knew to be a visit to the Clann Swann Chieftain, unsure of how to feel or whether it was going to end in unfortunate results for herself... or for them. Something about the people who had taken her in made her want to make sure they didn't come to harm. But then, it seemed maybe the feeling went both ways, since the rules were clear that she was not to leave the Fort unless she was with Garik or Nina.

Of course, that brought with it a few more problems, like the one that had resulted in Mairead ending her walk early and returning to the large home where the siblings resided. She stepped inside a little abruptly, before pulling the hood on her cloak down, and then removing the garment altogether to hang by the door.

"I'm definitely not just imagining it; some people become far more curious and are more open to prodding me with questions when your brother isn't around to keep them at bay," Mairead spoke to the young man who hadn't joined her for her walk but instead stayed back at the home. She hadn't spent a lot of time around Eric, but it seemed out of the four siblings, that he was the quietest and least likely to stop her from doing whatever she wanted if she so chose. She woman sat down though, and managed a small smirk as she considered the few who'd harrassed her with nosey questions today.

"I just have to hope that some people have a good sense of humour," Mairead chuckled. Today's answer to the probing personal question of the nature of what was between she and Garik had been that she was a sea maiden that he'd caught in a net, and because he'd taken her magical comb, she now had to grant him wishes for the rest of his life. She was a little proud of that one.

"So..." The woman looked at Eric, tilting her head slightly as she leaned back in her chair. She felt just a little odd since she barely knew him and he wasn't exactly the outgoing type, "Know where they hide the good drink?" She asked. Maybe something to distract her or she'd end up pacing in circles until the others got back, wondering if things were alright.

[Image: ayua8w.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 06:48 AM by Garnett.)
05-22-2013 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ironswift Warband Offline
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: Heimdallingar

RE: Tall Tales (Eric, and mebbe Addnag?)
The Fort's inhabitants were certainly a quizzical bunch, Addnag having gotten the same approach in her first months in. as to her first comments in the room, Eric looked up and offered a shy awkward smile. His face was feminine it seemed by nature, and with his social challenges (to him at least) the soft almost fragile feeling of the sage in training was evident.

"They can be invasive a bit, but I think they do it out of fun. They know for the Swann it ruffles their feathers." He seemed unaware of.his punning as her inquiry of the good drink was asked. "Well they keep most of the spirits downstairs, I know Garik keeps a spare bottle of rum and that bottle he keeps for angsty sidhe beside it." He rubbed the back of his head and then looked down at the disc on the table, along with several of his tools. It glowed dimly; not finished quite yet.

"Um, did you happen to be looking for something to keep busy? I know the fort's a bit small in comparison to where you're from."

Family Members and the Warband
05-22-2013 09:10 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"For fun, eh?" Mairead leaned forward until her arms and head rested on the table where Eric was sitting, and took a look at whatever it was that had his attention as she continued, "Well, I've probably given them enough gossip for the next while, so long as they don't go harrassing Garik with questions." She chuckled, a hint of mischief in her eyes then, as she tried to imagine the poor man trying to make heads or tails of what she'd been telling people, "I might end up being told that I'm not allowed to talk to anyone either, just my luck. Try to create a little excitement around the place..." Mairead sighed as she tapped her foot on the floor, there really wasn't a lot for her to do.

"Downstairs, huh, I'll have to check it out in a few I suppose," The woman raised a brow though at the young man, "'Angsty Sidhe'?" Part of her wondered if she wanted to know exactly what that was supposed to mean, but it probably wasn't as terrible as it sounded. Anxiety was pretty common to those who were out of their comfort zone, after all.

"P'haps... I'm used to being able to wander around or jump in the ocean whenever I want... well, as long as I was easily contacted by the ol' 'Master', and between seeing my family," Mairead was practically sprawled on the table as she watched Eric tinkering with his bits and bobs. She had no idea what he was doing, but it had been explained to her that he was practising in magic and the like. "I'm sure I will adjust and find something that makes me feel useful, so much of my talent revolves around being at sea..." She sat up a little, rocked back in her chair, "Well, I can also sing, and play the flute and lyra, but its not very constructive."

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2013 10:04 AM by Mairead Uí Fand-Mór.)
05-22-2013 09:30 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The device that had his attention was a mound-like disc, about a small plate in size with a single runic mark upon it. While the glimmers of energy passing through here and there indicated it's charged ability-the depths of the indent from the letter seemed not quite done, whatever it was. "I doubt it will be that bad, it will depend on what you want to be seen by those who speak to the Swanns or not." Eric mulled over it briefly, running a hand through his hair. "Part of the reason brother went to Ryol was to make sure there were no nasty surprises if his men found out accidently or dug up your identity. That will be a matter of time."

At the comment towards the labeling of the bottle, Eric flushed a bit. "It's, not that milk stuff I've seen the Sidhe drink before, that's kept at the bar, but it has a mild sedative to lower the inner energies one receives feeling the need to fight or flight." He explained, his tongue catching one of the words and restarting, was his ears a bit red?

"You like to make music?" His expression perked up briefly, giving a small smile. "It might not be constructive, but i-it's helpful to pass the time."

05-23-2013 05:29 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I told them that I am a Sea Maiden and he caught me in a net and stole my magical comb, so now I have to grant your brother wishes for the rest of his life," Mairead grinned as she explained what she'd said, and hopefully that would provide the reason why she might end up being told she wasn't allowed to talk to people. "Maybe a couple of other tales as well, but if we can't have a sense of humour about things, then what can we do?"

Mairead quieted at the mention of the Swann Chieftain. She'd had the 'pleasure' of meeting him once, but was sure he was barely aware of her presence, since he seemed more concerned about the giant sea dragan watching him at the time. Manius had been showing off his 'pets'. She may have had a little fun making the Swann Chieftain flinch, "From what I've seen, the Chieftains like to play a game out of having things to hold over one another's heads. I hope I don't turn out to be a cause for too much issue for your brother."

Grinning slightly as Eric blushed, Mairead tilted her head a little, "Oh, I don't drink that either. I would prefer something hard. I am not sure I like the sound of this other drink with the sedative... it seems inhibiting, but then that's the point isn't it?" She mused. It was growing difficult to stay still for long. Perhaps she would have to go search for some of the good drink that was hidden away.

"I do enjoy making music," Mairead smiled, "It helped me find my calm on particularly bad days, and I used to sing my little sister to sleep when she was restless..." She trailed off for a moment at the reminder. One of her hands lifted to play with her hair a little, subconsciously, as she thought. Mairead mentally dragged herself from her momentary lapse, and glanced at Eric, "I don't have a lyra here, unfortunately. But I do have my flute around, with my belongings."

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2013 10:05 AM by Mairead Uí Fand-Mór.)
05-23-2013 05:58 AM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I haven't understood politics I think for that reason." He confessed. "Hurting other's designs that don't interfere with mine has been hard to figure out." He listened about her sister and the music, then continued etching into the rune.

"I-if you wanted..." He thought about it. "I'd need to check what sort of wood was needed, but I could fashion you a violin depending on the depth of sound you wanted." He rubbed at his face. "N-not that I wouldn't like your flute playing! But it is mostly lute players here, and I try to avoid Cels for the most part." He smiled tentatively. "How was your little sister, is she well?"

05-23-2013 08:11 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"It is only one of many tactics used by politicians," Mairead said quietly, "Essentially, most things revolve around having power, no matter how much or what kind, over one another. Something as simple as a little bit of information can tip the balance between two opposing forces. It is a game that I would rather steer clear of myself, but without knowledge of it then I would not survive for very long." She offered a small smile to Eric, "Of course, that is just me. And maybe one day it will no longer be the case for me."

The way that Erci stammered caused Mairead's head to tilt a little as she watched him, "Do I make you nervous?" She asked quietly, attempting to appear as non-intimidating or non-threatening as she could. Her eyes lit up a little at the offer though, "That... I would greatly appreciate it. My father's... well, it was left behind. I had no chance to get it before I fled." She gave a gentle shrug, unsure about going into detail, except that Eric asked a question which called for it.

"She's dead," Mairead's voice was flat as she said it, her gaze cast at the table, or perhaps more like through it, as though she was seeing something else no one could, "All my family are, except my grandmother. She was the one who warned me to flee." She hoped that the older woman was still alright, but didn't have a whole lot of hope.

05-23-2013 10:35 AM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Oh I understand the mechanics." He nodded once. "Though the efforts and energy put forward to it for the sake of mutual destruction or the falling of the other when there are much greater threats around us within the darkness makes me curious and confused."

"Nervous?" He blinked. "I, I don't think so. It, it's more I have had this problem speaking to others since I was small, it has been something where I have had little ability to...empathize? It is difficult for me, in a subtle away. you, are very pretty too." He listened to her response to his question nodding with a small sad sorrowful expression. "My apologies for bringing up such a thing, I hope it was quick." Changing the subject, he took up a fresh piece of parchment, setting ink and quill. "How big was the lyra you used? The bigger gave to deeper music."

05-24-2013 07:35 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"It is confusing," Mairead agreed quietly, "But the Sidhe are a long-lived people, and hold personal grudges well. It clouds the minds from considering the wider dangers." The woman gave a small shrug. She had mostly spent her time around her people, and Manius, but it was clear that they became set in their ways.

"Empathy is not always a bad thing, but I suppose I can understand," At least in a way. Mairead couldn't help the small smile though as she rested her head and arms on the table again and peered at Eric through the curtain of her hair, "I put you off because you think I am pretty?" She chuckled quietly, "I appreciate the compliment." It would be too easy to tease the poor young man, but he was far too nice. Besides, his family had earned her respect and she had his brother to tease anyway, so she just smiled and left it.

"How big..." The woman had to think for a moment. She'd been more than happy to drop the subject of her family, still finding it a little difficult to think on since she hadn't even been able to give them a decent burial or anything. She'd just run away. Mairead mentally shook her head free of the thoughts so she could concentrate on the question, "It wasn't large, per se. I could hold it in one arm easily enough. The sound it produced was light, uplifting..." The corners of her lips twitched upwards as she thought of the instrument her father had taught her to play.

05-24-2013 08:11 AM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I see." He nodded once as she gave the reasoning the Swanns had also said. It was not as bad to the north when compared, but he could see the similarities to that. Being of Jotunland however, it gave first-hand experience to those that await in the darkness.

"It was an honest truth." He smiled lightly now, "And not put off, no. Just it has been my own challenge of speaking, and well I do not speak too often with others." He considered her descriptions of the lyra then, frowning. "It would need a lighter wood material then, if one handed. Yew could possibly work.." His hand was sketching and jotting notes now, but his eyes weren't on the paper as he was writing, looking to the ceiling thoughtfully. "As for the string, well we could use that..." He looked down again, re-dipped the quill and began coloring out edgings and other small notes on the sketch.

05-28-2013 06:48 AM