Zin Offline
Admin Staff

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

Right On Target [Open]
Date: Beltaine | 23 Crann | 1722 ATA
Time of Day: Early Morning
Weather: Misty, with the night’s chill slowly burning away with the rays of dawn.
---

Flyers had gone up throughout the City of Mists over the course of the last several days, proclamations of a test of skill and prowess to come, of a chance for the surest warriors to showcase their abilities with the benefit of prizes for the grandest shows. Several rounds of competition, organized by a small cadre of merchants – banding together over drink and argument about whose Clann and Sept held the most magnificent and skillful individuals - with winners every round receiving prize and praise, were promised…

On this day, several Sidhe moved through the clearing, ensuring the area was cleared for their meeting – a cool purr from one woman brought the grass in the region to heel as it flattened itself out in obedience to the woman’s Wild Charms…

Targets were carefully assembled and arranged across the clearing, in preparation for the games to come....

The Archery Competition would soon commence.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 09:05 AM by Zin.)
05-14-2013 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Strykárr Ó Nemain- Mór Offline
Badarsed Nemain
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

RE: Right On Target [Open]
Strykárr Ó Nemain-Mór came into view in the dim rays of dawn, his glorious figure was hidden in his travelling cloak, a hood shadowing his face. His frame was ridden atop a large steed, a beast fitting it's master, a gray stallion with a long and free mane, it's saddle equipped with a geared pack. Strykárr rode in the streets, he had just come back from the Great Coil, and has decided to take a look at this so called 'Tourney' he barely had time to stop at the Raven compound, all he did was just report that he had arrived! Never a fan of these political games, the warrior thought to himself about the amusement he would find in seeing arrogant young men push each other into the mud, or better yet, Strykárr may be the one to push them into the mud. An Intriguing though indeed, considering he may actually compete in the competitions, of course, nothing for the rewards or titles, but only on behalf of the adrenaline and energetic enjoyment.

He took his cowl off and breathed in the chilly morning's air, oh how Strykárr enjoyed the feeling of freedom in the morning!- His line of thought was cut short though as he noticed his sister was still riding at his side. Straightening his back and leaning on hand on the handle of his axe he coughed and spoke in a 'formal' tone, deepening his voice and pretending to have a heavier accent, he said;
'Fine mornin' we 'ave ere' don' we Milady O' Ember?' He favored his sister with a smirk, teasing her all along.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 07:50 AM by Strykárr Ó Nemain- Mór.)
05-16-2013 06:05 AM
Ffíon 'Shimmer' Uí Nemain-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Raven
Clann: Nemain

Directing a withering look in Strykárrs direction Ffíon Uí Nemain-Mór adjusted the ornate hood of her own travelling cloak.

"Milady o' Embers yourself ye daft bogtrotter."

Perched upon the back of her smaller Mare, Fi had to wield her gaze slightly upwards at her swarthier brother. It was accompanied by the smallest of smiles, an old gesture of amused tolerance used many times in the past. Drawing her own hood down, her hair spilled forth in a crimson flood to her waist.

"So, are ye thinking of competing yerself, Stryk? Flexing your muscles with the rest of the rabble?"

At this, her full lips pursed in a moue of distaste. The tournament would be a far too public airing of her own capabilities. After all, it might reduce the underestimation that accompanied her at times. The tournament represented a good opportunity to mingle with others, though. Along with supporting her brother's inevitable melee of course.
05-16-2013 06:37 AM
Badarsed Nemain
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

His usual hearty demeanor lightened up the morning atmosphere as he chuckled with full-heartened entertainment. Strykárr shifted on his seat to gain some more comfort desperately. He fixed his gaze down towards his sister, his hair reached the end of his broad neck, and it flew with the morning breeze, Strykárr lifted one hand to scratch his neck.

"I was actually considerin' that option right now, as much as I'd enjoy seein' mildly skilled lordlins pushin' each-other down, I'd enjoy it twice fold by doin' it meself. An the brighter side is, I ain't no Lord, as a Laoch I've got every right to pride meself for bein' skilled tae' protect our Chieftain."

He reigned his horse at the outskirts of the city, shifting his gaze to look at the clearing right outside, smirking.

"These Tourney's are one bloody big show aren't they?"
05-16-2013 06:58 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Casting an appraising eye across the clearing, Fi raised an eyebrow archly.

"Aye, a chance for all the pretty lordlings to strut and preen and play their games of war. Still, it'd be amusing to watch ye throw a few on their arses. As befits a Laoch o' course. Funnier still if ye're the one being thrown." Once more, a small smile ghosted across her features. "Time to play our part, dear brother"

Fi lithely vaulted from the animal's back, her cloak billowing around her as she dropped soundlessly to the soft turf. Straightening, she adjusted an errant lock of hair and gave her mount a pat, taking the reins with her other hand. "Looks like the archery's beginning soon. This I can appreciate, even if I do think it's an inefficient way t'kill from a distance."
05-16-2013 07:42 AM
Ironswift Warband Offline
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: Heimdallingar

With that the dull series of thuds that seemed to something large trotting upon the road to the grassy area. The dark haired horse was massive that came into view as well as it's rider, a cowled hood covering the face with a warrior's build of a female figure. She wore what looked to be a thick bronze brigadine chestplate of leather and plates, studded leather leggings and as she pulled away her hood a leather cap that kept her hair bundled up within it from the few strands along each side of her face. Up close, she look to be at least nine feet tall.

Her face was grim, slipping off her horse and looking around with the longbow that looked to be almost fully her own height. On her sides one was a bronze axe, the other however was a lead-sheathed weapon with wiring bound about it. Spotting the two that seemed not to be of at least the merchants, she walked up. "Is this the place of the tourney?" She spoke low-toned and simple of the trade language.

Family Members and the Warband
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 09:13 PM by Ironswift Warband.)
05-16-2013 03:16 PM
Badarsed Nemain
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Strykárr's chuckle at his sister's remark was cut short as the imposing Aesir stood there. He went down from his saddle and stared at the female for a moment, scanning her out.
He muttered under his breathe, 'Aesir..' staring hard at the woman, he started to unpack his stallion, one hand comfortably holding his axe handle, notably.
"It is indeed, as far as I know ye' need to register yerself." His control of the trade language was a bit vague, his voice swaying with a heavy sing song accent.
His gaze shifted to the lead covered weapon, "I'm not sure that's allowed 'ere."
05-16-2013 06:44 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"My thanks in the knowledge." She spoke simply, nodding in a disciplined nod to his response. At the words to her leaded hilt, she looked down. "If it was a blade I would agree, but a trinket of the same metal is a ward of defense, not offence. It is why it is wire bound, so I cannot use it of provocation, but anyone who is to attempt harming me. I do not mean of you two for offence of the other reason, but i would not be surprised of this tournament for someone to attempt to 'alter' my shots, bring false humility for the sake of their kin. It will not harm anyone else otherwise for the next several days unless someone attempts several times upon me." She looked in waiting to see if it satisfied his curiosity.

05-17-2013 10:36 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Regarding the newcomer with suspicion, Fi's eyes swept across the large heavily-armoured Aesir. Her regard eventually alighting upon the wire-bound weapon as her brother's had. Switching to the trade tongue, she spoke with a fluency belying frequent use of the language.

"I can understand your expediency when it comes to protection. I would be cautious, too. If surrounded by those capable of a magic beyond my capability." Seeking the Aesir's eyes, Fi's eyebrows knitted in emphasis of the tacit warning. Shifting her gaze to the longbow that the warrior carried, she continued. "I look forward to seeing you shoot. That is a formidable weapon."
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 09:16 PM by Ffíon 'Shimmer' Uí Nemain-Mór.)
05-19-2013 09:15 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Nina gave a polite but stiff nod of acknowledgement to that warning, but did not back down-though her size even if she subtly did it would likely be missed. "It was a gift from a Swann from when myself and my family first came here into their lands. It had been a change of strength in it's usage, but eight years have been a good amount of time to practice with such a powerful thing."

She unsheathed it briefly to inspect the string and the wood carefully, a well-tended to weapon as the cloth strapping came off. "The Yew has been selected really well, a wood we do not find up within the lands of Norland. But with it's ability to bend and be also strong, I have made the same mark in a distance as some Sidhe assisted by their abilities, since my arm can hold to a stronger pull."

05-19-2013 11:00 PM