Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Mature Thread Truths & Roses Have Thorns About Them (Niall)
Aithne Uí Lugh-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Elk
Clann: Ua Lugh

Truths & Roses Have Thorns About Them (Niall)
Date: Beltaine | 6th Day of Bláthanna | 1722 ATA |
Time of Day: Early evening
Weather: Misty
---

"You cannot hide away in books... its just not you..."

With her daughter's voice still echoing in her head, Aithne set another text down on the side table before leaning her head back against the cushions and sighing. Seren was right; it wasn't really like Aithne to spend her evenings in her home dressed in little more than a silk robe, laying back on the furniture and reading through stories and texts. However, it was the safer thing for her to be doing right now, even though it wasn't so much her life that she was concerned about. No... she was just as likely to play spy as one of her people on some nights. Tonight Aithne was more concerned about the possibility of doing something stupid or reckless that she'd regret if she went out drinking and whatnot. She'd decided on a quiet night in.

Seren had told her that she'd become touch-starved or socially starved if she continued to close herself off, and perhaps she was right. Aithne had been going out of her way to distance herself from a number of people over the recent years, it was probably bound to backfire somehow. It maybe also explained her behaviour in the South a few days or so earlier.

Still, whether Seren was correct or not, Aithne was not about to allow herself to wake up in some random place with little to no knowledge or memory as to how she got there... or at least that's what she predicted might happen if she went out on her own tonight. If she'd contacted Blair, then perhaps she'd have gone out with the other woman somewhere, but even her friend was busy many nights. And even if the other woman was free, there was no telling whether she would invite anyone else in particular along as well.

Besides, it wasn't as though it was a truly bad thing to be surrounded by stories and legends, histories and prophecies. Even at her age, Aithne believed in continued learning -- though by now she had heard and read just about all that there was. Reaching over toward the pile of texts, she picked up a fresh one and crossed one sunkissed leg over the other, bouncing a slippered foot in the air while she continued to lay back against the cushions and read by the candlelight. The announcement of a visitor and who it was didn't even cause the woman to budge.

"I'm afraid you missed Seren," The golden woman spoke, though her eyes remained on the text she was currently reading, "The twins made off with her a few hours ago; they could be halfway to the Misty Hills by now."

Aithne assumed that's why he was here; to see their daughter. Considering he was one of the people she'd been distancing herself from on a personal level, she couldn't really think of another reason for Niall to come by her city home unannounced. Not unless something had happened... Aithne glanced up at him from her reading at that thought, but couldn't sense anything dire.

"You are here to see her, aren't you?" The woman raised her brows slightly, "Or is there something I can help you with?"

[Image: 352f78o.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 09:04 AM by Garnett.)
05-05-2013 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niall Ó Mórrígan-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Morrigan

RE: Truths & Roses Have Thorns About Them (Niall)
There was a cold truth to who Niall was. He was the Taoiseach, a position he had wanted from his mother for years. The day he had earned it he had watched her die in agony. It was the day that he finally grew up and took charge that he lost the only parent he had ever cared for. So perhaps it was that reason that when he arrived in the Elk section of Gentry, he became silent. To truly understand why he was there in the first place.

The cold truth was that as Niall road into the section of the Lane, he knew that there were those among the Elk who wished him dead. During the Clann War the Raven put many of the Elk into the grass. Many Ecne Ridire and Laoch died in battle over the Fox Glens. So coming to this place to him was just another day dealing with knives at his back. A strange thought for a man who had once embraced the Sun Child in a drunken stupor. That was so many years ago that his mind was far too uninterested to return to that time.

The gate of the compound opened easily for him, and the full sortie of warriors he brought with him. A mixture of Morrigan vanguard, Macha bowmen, and a bodyguard including a few Badb. No Nemain traveled with him. The reason silent to him and him only. Strange for him to even travel with a full retinue, but in this instant it was a move of respect. He was here to see his child, one of only a few he had. Seren was one of his two dearest daughters.

The silence remained for a bit longer as he slowly made his way into the great hall of the compound. Only one of his laoch or Clann Champions traveled with him. Finally I see the woman after how long? His face was held in sly grin as he walked through the hallways. A servant led him all the way as a voice lingered out from teh room. There she sat, the happy little Chieftainess on a futon or some other strange couch like construction. Niall stood there looking at her, the grin never leaving. His long black hair fell over the dark mantle of feathers.

"Thawt be happenin' a lot lately." The man said as he walked over to stand closer to where she was sitting.

"Did I come 'ere ta see her?" the question came from him in response to hers. Another place on the game board. Another move.

"Ye avoidin' me lass?" came the last question.

My Tracker
[/align]
05-06-2013 05:43 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The reply from the familiar voice, combined with the grin she could see on the mouth of the Raven Chieftain, meant that this could possibly end up being a long night. Still, Aithne's features held no emotion as she glanced over her text at the man whom she'd once been closely involved with. She simply watched him as he walked closer to stand over her. Was it time for games then? What was she thinking? Of course it was; the Raven Prince didn't know any other way unless he was in the heat of battle.

"What can you expect? She is a grown woman, skilled in her own right. She trains her own warriors and is quite formiddable," Aithne didn't say anything that most people didn't already know about Seren. The younger woman was something to be reckoned with, even at her still young age. "Probably best to send word ahead in future, she is a busy woman," The golden woman added with a raised brow.

Game time. It was definitely game time. This man and his questions.

"Well, why else would you be here, if not to visit our daughter?" Aithne set her text aside, using a free hand to hold her robe closed as she shifted around on the futon. She moved until she was seated in an upright position, stretching her arms along the back of the long seat and crossing one knee over the other, the golden flesh of her leg peaking through the opening in her robe. Long golden hair framed the woman in this relaxed position as she looked up at Niall with a positively innocent and inquisitive expression.

"Avoiding you? Am I?" The woman's head tilted to the side slightly, giving the air of one who honestly had no idea what the man was talking about. "Do you believe I'm avoiding you? Does that concern you?" Aithne could have been a wide-eyed fool, with the image she was presenting. She could play naive with the best.

05-06-2013 08:47 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The woman responded to his inquiries with more questions. The game was afoot. His smile faltered for a moment as his eyes slowly began to survey the room t hey were situated in. He listened as the woman made a point about his daughter. Seren was a fine specimen, the apple of her father's eye, and was destined for greatness. All Morrigan were destined for greatness; all members of the House of BlackBird were destined for the highest achievements one could think of. But was his daughter a member of his Fine or that of her mother? Seren had never sworn to the Raven throne, nor had she chosen which family she was going to be a part of. Then again, Niall had always been so busy.

"Curious," he replied to the first statement. How much did this woman know him? Truly know him? There were things he had never shown Aithne, things he had never told her. Sure, they had slept together here and there over the years. Their relationship had been nothing more than that, right? Always the Sun-Child. Always the runaway. There was a point that after she had been seemingly distancing herself this long that he had come to consider it some kind of twisted game, as always. [i]Some say everything is a game to me. How true they are in that regard. Everything is a game, they just don't realize what kind of game I am playing.

"I be here to visit Seren, aye," he replied. More replies; more moves. The man looked down at the woman as she shifted in her position. Once again her figure and beauty was for all to see as she stood upright. Golden skin delectable. He would not and did not let himself show any hint of reaction. Niall was the child of Sorcha, the last of a long line extending back to the Phantom Queen herself.

"I came to see ye mostly," he said with a chuckle, "If and when Seren wishes to see me, she knows to just summon Aidan."

Niall then wondered how the woman would react to the name of his his retainer. Would she get angry? Would she just hide it? I need to find a better hobby.

He had mentioned his primary Spy, a creature he had hired long ago. For years, Aidan had been watching and following Seren for a while now. There was something about the Puca that amused the man. They had met years ago in a very strange circumstance, and even now their relationship could only be described as complicated.

"So miss Chieftain o' the Elk," he began, and this time he was going to move the piece in a new direction, "I be thinkin' o' backin' a move to recolonize Cymru. Would ye be interested?"

My Tracker
[/align]
05-08-2013 07:50 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Curious?" Aithne repeated Niall's singular response as a question with a deadpan expression before she huffed a silent laugh. Was idle banter the special for the day? She was aware that Niall showed some interest in their daughter, but Aithne could never trust that it was much more than as something that he could use for one of his games. At least he seemed to care for Seren, which placed the girl at least at some importance, perhaps even enough to never have to be concerned about her father's notorious temper aimed in her direction.

The woman was about to repeat herself about their daughter's whereabouts when Niall admitted he was there to visit Seren, but he apparently decided to elaborate, changing his story to make it seem as though Aithne was his intended audience. The mention of his 'Aidan' was met with continued indifference, though Aithne decided to stand and walk toward a cabinet which held a number of liqueurs. Bending over, she reached for a honeyed mead and glass before she straightened and began to pour herself a drink.

"Ah yes... the spy," Aithne commented, it wasn't exactly a new discovery, "You might want to pull back on that leash. Seren doesn't much like them following her and has complained a few times, and well..." The golden woman glanced over her shoulder at Niall with a dark smile, "She's made a habit of sending the heads of spies back to their owners over the years." Setting the bottle down on the cabinet, Aithne picked up her glass and took a sip. She then gestured to the cabinet, "Help yourself if you're thirsty." The woman then strolled back toward her futon, but around to the back of it so that she could lean her hip against it while she stood and watched Niall from the corner of her eye as she continued, "I'm not joking about her dislike of spies. Seren has become quite ruthless since one poisoned me just after the Wars. She lost a potential half-sibling in that incident."

Aithne almost seemed bored, judging by her body language as she lazily leaned against the back of the couch and sipped casually from her glass. There clearly had to be a point to Niall being here -- he was hardly one who just stopped by to waste time. Always an agenda, always a reason for doing anything he did. She knew that much about him at least. It was one of those things that kept a wall between them.

And then the Raven Chieftain made a new statement, asked a new question, and Aithne simply studied him for a moment before she started laughing in amusement. After a moment, she collected herself and sipped from her drink again before she spoke, "Oh, I'm sorry. Its just that you made that sound like it should be a privilege that you even asked me... When I know personally that the truth is there will be nothing worth colonising unless I am there to help." There was knowledge in the statement, and even with the hint of mirth still in her gaze, Aithne's eyes held secrets that did not belong to anyone who wasn't a part of her homeland. Always have to try and stick your finger in every pie, don't you?

"Cymru belongs to the Cymri," Aithne stated matter-of-factly, "There are defences there that only answer to Cymri blood, some that only answer to the Sun King's blood, and if intruders step beyond the boundaries allowed, then all that will be left of them are bits and pieces." The woman finished her glass and returned to the cabinet, "That is the truth of it." Aithne had been secretly travelling there back and forth since the war that ended with the death of her father, there was no one who knew the land better than her. Niall had no business treading on her territory.

"What makes you think I haven't made moves to begin recolonisation anyway?" Aithne posed the question with an inquisitive raised brow. She wouldn't tell him if she had or not either way, but for him to assume she'd done nothing for her home Province was a slight insult. Once again, Aithne's tone became that of boredom and some tiredness, "If you have any respect for history, you'll let those of us who belong to Cymru work on repairing it." The finality in her voice said that she had said all that she was all she was going to on the matter.

"Was that all you wanted to see me about?" Aithne asked as she poured herself another glass.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 03:12 PM by Aithne Uí Lugh-Mór.)
05-08-2013 03:09 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Hmmmm...." was his response. The man slowly moved and stared outside for a moment. Silence sat beside him as he watched the woman drink. Niall was here for multiple reasons. Why he was even speaking to a woman who he had tagged as the "runaway" was definitely a conundrum. Did she love? There was a moment as he contemplated something. Slowly as if on cue he found a place that was empty and found himself sitting perhaps a foot away from Aithne. There was a thought once again reigning within his head. Does love exist? Do people really say "a stor" or "mo chroi"? His devious mind was swept away as he looked over and heard the woman talking about his daughter.

"Seren, first," he said under his breath. Shit must be brought within order. He had to answe rin a manner that would make sense. This was not his cadre, this was not his sortie. Would truth come out, or would he simply answer indirectly as usual. That was turly something that would drive him mad. How to answer really was the problem. Quietly he leaned over to where the woman had gotten her mead and found some whiskey and set the bottle down for a moment. Breathing onto he he froze the outside and then drank the fire water in a fierce gulp. Am I seeking courage? He blinked. Or the blunt answer?

"I have perhaps twelve children," he responded. "Of the twelve that were born of my blood, three are dead. Three of Sorcha's grand children killed by the same who killed her."

A revelation. A dark one.

"I have perhaps considered the situation of their deaths for years. One of my daughters killed by Iron bolt, the two sons, lovely children from a lover I took before the war, both killed in ambush. Flidais in fact strange as it was the Clann their mother claimed."

"Seren has a spy because people wish her dead, until they are dead Aidan remains."

Would she care, that was not the matter. He gave her something to think over as he drank a bit more and then slowly rose to stare at a dagger he pulled from his belt. It was witchwood, the wonderful dastardly little material he had backed after making a drunken deal with a Macha one night. Slowly he began to go over several probabilities, and then her answer about the Cymri.

"Cymri for the Cymru. That is the little motto sworn by the Eagles." He chuckled, he placed a hand on the edge of the futon as he continued, "Only a High King can undo Clan's End. That means Seren must rule, to return what was lost."

Was that another ploy? Another movement? Was he truly playing?

"I have many plans Aithne, Seren is one of them. You are another. Since you seem to languish and runaway for whatever reason I will give you one more truth."

The man's form black against the window as he tapped it. The sun was starting to falter in the sky for some reason as a new blanket of fog rolled into the compound's area. Niall the son of Sorcha felt a small laugh escape his lips as he decided to be direct for once in his life.

"The question is mo bhanthiarna, do you wish to really know what I think about you and me?" he asked and then said, "Because I have spent years putting things in motion based on an assumption I made years ago."

My Tracker
[/align]
05-08-2013 06:54 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Well, I would consider you one of the lucky ones, to have so many children... and have so many survive," Aithne commented with a raised brow before drinking more from her glass. She was going to have to exchange it for the bottle at some point just so that she didn't have to keep topping the damned thing up. Maybe she should consider not drinking too much more though, as well. Still, she hid the brief irritation that flared through her at the way the Raven Prince spoke, as though she would not consider the safety or security of her first and only living child.

"Have you not thought, for a moment, that I have not been putting things into effect since I was carrying Seren inside me?" The golden woman's features remained free of any expression that might reveal how she felt about this conversation, "There will always be people who wish her dead, people who wish me dead, people who wish her children dead, people who wish each other dead. There is not a safe person in this land. But Seren has the best and most dangerous bodyguards in the entire land, and I know this because I saw to every single part of her development and their development. Being followed from the shadows unsettles her, it distracts her. Having a spy watch her does more harm than good." Aithne finished her glass, and once again topped it and remained leaning by the cabinet, "But since my advice is apparently not worth listening to, you will do what you want anyway."

And there was the confirmation of what Aithne knew would one day be brought up, "Will you order the Stone to sing for Seren the way it still does inside me? Because there are many people who have not forgotten that and will not let me forget," Aithne chuckled, though it died out quickly, "Seren is the heir, and should rule, but do not expect others to agree. The Sept that tried to kill her as a baby still exists, after all."

Aithne had realised that she had begun to pace slowly along the side of the room away from Niall, and had no intention of stopping when he continued to speak. Her eyes flickered toward him momentarily as he mentioned that she was one of his plans. The golden woman's calm demeanour seemed to continue to flow off her like a fresh cool feeling of relaxation, but underneath her flesh her blood began to boil with the beginnings of anger. The woman wasn't sure why she even bothered to hold back, pretend that she didn't care, if but for the purpose of further examination of what exactly was going on.

"A plan..." Aithne's voice was light, unreadable, "Really." She kept the distance between them as she continued to sip her drink while listening to Niall's words. It was certainly coming from the left side of nowhere. Here he was talking about plans and even admitting that he apparently had plans for her. It was perhaps the first time that Aithne truly began to believe that he thought little more of her than just a puppet, waiting for him to take control.

"Assumptions are a dangerous thing to make, Niall," Aithne stopped by large glass doors that opened onto a small balcony. She Pulled them open, and then stood in the evening breeze, watching the mist gradually settle in over the city, "I personally had no expectation that you thought much at all about you and I, ever since I pushed out a tiny heir to the throne that was part your blood, to be honest." And personally, Aithne wasn't entirely certain she liked the idea that Niall had been spending years planning and putting anything to do with herself into motion. She had expected plans that involved Seren, certainly. But Seren was his daughter as well as Aithne's. They both had taken precautions and made plans regarding her.

Aithne was certainly not someone who was going to give someone else power over herself. Her father had already laid his plans out for her years ago as well, and she had a feeling there was going to be a clash.

"So then... What exactly did you assume... and what exactly are your thoughts, since you're offering them so freely," Aithne turned her head to regard Niall from where she stood. Truths could be either be fortunate or dangerous.

05-10-2013 07:58 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Her first response, caused one of Niall's eyes to twitch. There was actual anger there, an anger that was rarely seen. His grin faded, a strange tick came ove rhis body as he bit back the venom that was in his mind. The curse of the Morrigan, for slights against one's persona. There was a moment, a true moment where he stood and listened for a bit longer. At this point she had begun to pace, and as he stood he felt his face slackening as he felt his hand twitching. Years of problems rising aroujnd him and carefully laid plans. This woman had the gall that, was his thought.

"I 'ave considered the fact that ye would defend Seren." His voice was low for a while, a whisper, as he contained the emotion bubbling within his head. "I remember holdin' Grainne as the Iron killed her. Watching me sons die. So aye, I have the gracious luck o' Danu to have more children, but I had the gracious luck of seeing them die."

At this point his native accent was become quite prominent, his usual eloquent control of bearlin beginning to deteriorate. The moment that had come was the fact that his face actually for a minute revealed how he felt. As clear as day. A hurt individual who had cared about someone, and then seen distrust grow to the point where he had walked away from what was considered a failed relationship. He covered this look up quickly and then continued his response as his mind was starting to wander a bit more.

"I undarstand perfectly how ye and har feel Aithne. Ye aren't the only one whose family has had a death sentence put against it." He laughed this time as he set aside the whiskey. Slowly he reconstituted his emotions back and decided to stop this back and forth charade. It was getting old, he had played this game long enough. Point his interests were waning and he was starting to question the purpose in even appearing in the bloody place to begin with. Damn these feckin' fools to their graves. It was utterly rare in most circumstances, and at that point a memory reappeared.

"Dun ever let them get hold of ye boy," Sorcha had said, "Ye be Morrigan, a Phantom laird! Ye be the blood and my blood of ancient ties that bested all the warriors of old. We are the War Children, remembar that. And never show weakness.

To show true intent was weakness. That thought remained with him as he listened to her and he realized he had zoned out in that moment. Blinking he heard the words, 'A plan" and snapped back into reality. She had mentioned the stone, and then Seren. He looked at her and replied. "No."

The Stone of Fal was not his interest. It made Kings, he was not here to make kings however. The Raven Prince's interests were far beyond thos dreary banal games of power. Niall's desire was for a greater power, a power against something that was bringing the possible end of the Sidhe as a whole. For a moment his head displayed the game pieces, the movements towards the ancient silver crown. However, he was uncertain at how to respond to her words. There was truth in what she said. For the longest time he had considered his actions throughout their time together.

"I am sorry for that Aithne," the tone was sincere, not a hint of lying. There was a moment where he glanced over at her as he strolled over to stand near the windows a bit closer.

"I assumed you stopped caring, that was it."

My Tracker
[/align]
05-11-2013 03:48 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"And I had the gracious luck of spending days sick and in excruciating pain while my poisoned body rejected an unborn that hadn't even quite grown to the size of my fist yet..." Aithne spoke quietly, though there was ever so slight a tremor in her voice -- even now, twenty years later it still hurt, as her hand rested absently over her abdomen. "Everyone has lost something, it is no less painful for one than it is for another. I am sorry for your losses and didn't mean to sound callous," Her voice was soft, but sincere, "Seren is all I have though, and I have done much to make sure I will not lose her."

The rawness of the current air in the room made Aithne feel uncomfortable. It was enclosing and suffocating and she didn't like the flash of what she'd seen in Niall's expression for a brief moment when she'd chanced a look at him. When did the games stop? Did they ever? She couldn't allow herself to be confused; to be tricked or fooled.

"No to what?" The golden woman had become aware that Niall had been silent through much of what she'd said. Did he even know what he was talking about anymore? It was almost as though he was confused himself, but Aithne found that very difficult to believe.

The woman sighed, moving to sip at her glass before realising it was empty once again, but she didn't want to move to refill it. Instead, she set the empty container on a side table and wrapped her arms around herself while she stood in the open glass doors, allowing the cool breeze to flow over her. Perhaps it would clear her mind some, quell her anger. She closed her eyes and took a breath while the robe rippled lightly against her skin from the light wind. Why was Niall asking questions about them? Why now? Why not ninety years ago?

The apology didn't sink in straight away; it took a brief moment before Aithne opened her eyes once more and glanced over at Niall. It had been unexpected, and had knocked some of the heat out of her anger over being thought of as a puppet to be played with and made plans for. Instead was a deep feeling of frustration. What is wrong with men? Or is it just the men that become involved in my life?

"I could not afford to care," Though calm, there was a hint of hardness in her voice, "Not when you were becoming far too much Sorcha's son, and not enough your own man... when you stopped being the Niall I had barely begun to know outside the political arena. You were cold, calculating... even with me. And so I had to protect myself. I pulled away."

Aithne raised a hand to massage her temples, the palm covering her eyes as she squeezed them shut. Part of her wanted to turn on him; yell at him and tell him that he wasn't supposed to be sorry. He was supposed to be arguing the point, and giving her more reason to be angry. This... this was just draining.

"Why now?" The frustration and slight anger that still dwelt inside the woman managed to reach her voice as she turned her head to glare at Niall. "If it really bothered you, then you could have said something... done something, back then. Its even possible that it may have actually made a difference. But its been ninety years! And you want to talk about this now?!" Aithne paced in front of the open door, not even bothering to mask the annoyance and frustration she felt about this entire scenario, "I don't understand. What do you want from me? Just a straight answer, please."

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 01:27 AM by Aithne Uí Lugh-Mór.)
05-12-2013 12:07 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

His mother's son? That was an interesting notion. To really sit back and hear her talk caused him to look away for a long moment. This time he would obeserve the garden outside the window and notice how it was styled to appear like Kernow. Strange, how the Kernowyon were so home sick it seemed to him. Niall contemplated that one word statement for a while. It was interesting of how she kept returning his comments. This was not a game at all to him. He was being feckin truthful with this woman, and she was returning it with more of her own.

"I am much more than some drunkard who plays games," he said and turned around and this time he did not hide his own anger. This time the full furry of the scald crows was evident in how he was looking. This was not his devious side, and this was not

"Sure, I am Sorcha's son, when the Taoiseach dies as you yourself have experienced things have to change. At the time of Sorcha's death the Raven had not consolidated under the Morrigan. The Badb were refusing to acknowledge my rule, half my own sept wanted me dead, and the Macha were too busy to deal with the war that was brewing around us.

I killed the Badb Chieftain myself, I broke the back of the enemy and brought the nation of the scald-crows under one, Iron fist." He said to her. This was not a game, this was the truth as she wanted. At this point he was not going to sugar coat what he had to say. Of course why he was starting to waste his time here was to see if there was any worth at this point.

"Then again, I have tried to tell you why things happened. You haven't listened now. I am just your father trying to control you, or I don't care enough to let you be free. I just told you WHY I AM so damn feckin defensive of my family. THIS IS NOT SORCHA this is me," he added finally as he took in a breath. It was not the time to give into the passion of Morrigan, as her anger was known to be so great that it had destroyed entire villages in her wrath.

"Fine Aithne I'll cut the shit. I came here to see if there was remotely anything left. If there was a chance to see if my family has any significant other rather than just my children. I have loved four women Aithne, four. Two are dead, one ran away, and the last one used me. So pardon me if I am cold, just as you have your own reasons for being cold."

"I do not compare you to the others, you are Aithne, the Sun-Child. The woman I made a gambit for because I thought she would be a great Banrion Ard, I don't play games for enjoyment Aithne. I do it because someone has to play the gambit to bring about change. Without Witchwood we would not have turned away the Aesir, without you the Unseleigh would have won. So I am sorry for that, but someone has to be the one to make sure that the game plays in our favor. Otherwise all that we have will be destroyed by our own people, or by the forces outside the High Kingdom."

Niall had said his piece, he wanted to walk over there and hold her. But, at the same time he was unsure what this woman was doing. After hearing her woes he was starting to think that she was just using him. The idea stayed with him as he walked toward the door of the room and opened it to check. His Laoch was still outside waiting silent (this was not Strykkar to note).

"I will order Aidan to pull back, Seren can be on her own." The man said as he turned to her and addded, "Is there anything left?"

The he was silent once again.

My Tracker
[/align]
05-12-2013 05:16 AM