[Open] Market - Morning
Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

RE: [Open] Market - Morning
"You should. It gets cold " Addnag affirmed with a sharp nod. "Even ask mum, she's been travelling up that way for years and years, now." She seems about to add something, stalls, stops, and simply smiles, wattage not quite matching her mother's.

"I bet you're good - I -" She paused, glanced at her mother, and puffed up her cheeks. "Mum.."

She paused, waved. "Oh. Okay. Be back soon."

She darts off towards another row of stalls.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 04:22 AM by Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá.)
05-20-2013 04:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: The Heimdallingar

"One of the best ways has been trying for merit rather then what they speak on. however I find it is less provocative to use the usual methods of sorting out the green horns from the experienced." Garik gave a small nod, then smiled as Mairead gave him a light nudge. Though we are taking up that time to sell, what else you have you think I might be interested in?"

[Image: Sig2_zps6a616355.jpg]
05-20-2013 04:33 AM
Mairead Uí Fand-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Sea Dragan
Clann: Ua Fand

"Yes, a crowd would be good for a market. I am simply not very comfortable among crowds personally," Mairead tried for a small shy smile and managed to pull it off. She had to bit her tongue from asking more about this Ua Fand that Blair and Addnag knew. Perhaps she would ask the younger girl some time when they were alone. She envied his lack of telltale signs, but then even if he had them would he have a reason to hide just as she did?

Addnag's behaviour seemed slightly off for a moment as she mentioned her mother's travels, but Mairead wasn't sure whether to ask if she was alright. Intead she studied Blair from beneath her hood, "A traveller then?" She nodded a confirmation that it was a longbow that she wished for, then watched as Addnag ran to check other stalls as per her mother's request.

Mairead ducked her head a little at Garik's comment on the provocative nature of sorting the experienced through ways not of the norm. She smirked a little though, "You may be taking up time to sell, but I am simply waiting to see what Addnag will bring back to show me. I should have at least one weapon. I don't think a small wind instrument counts."

[Image: ayua8w.png]
05-20-2013 08:12 AM
Blair Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Been more through here that haven't enjoyed crowds than usual, truth be told. The twins brought a stray home not too long ago." Blair paused, then grinned, spread her hands out and splayed her fingers. "Far-ranging, ever changing... Over a century of travels and trade under my belt, you see. I've travelled from Cels to Norland, and many, many other lands... I've passed many miles, over the years."

She picked up a little dagger, balanced it between her fingers, and gave it a deft little spin and flourish. "Very good for picking up trade partners."

She hummed under her breath, thoughtful, and smirked. "Oh, I'm sure I've ideas, but how about you give me a little more direction... I'm sure you already have plenty of weapons, unless you could use more in bronze, but then again, they may be a little small in comparison to what you're used to... Plenty of other bits and bobs - that one? Ah, yes, excellent choice, yes, that is silver, not quite pure, but certainly enough to be practical, mh-hmm, yes, of course -" Coins exchange hands, and the two Sidhe who had been nervously lurking finally leave the stall, leaving it clear for the time being.

Blair's manner switches gears as soon as they're gone, and her grin goes wider, with just the faintest edge of wicked mischief. "Of course, I could simply ask if you seek information itself - that's in demand often enough, and some things have a price, if you want me to keep my ears out for anything in particular. Gossip is free - the perks of a trade agreement - but further solid searching may cost a little coin, but we guarantee some result or another, cost refunded if we can't." She cracks her neck, stretches her fingers out, lacing them together and stretching her arms in front of her. "Though if you're interested in more material items for trade...?"
05-20-2013 03:03 PM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I have two things I can think of to be a profitable venture-one of specifics and and the other for bulk." He nodded once. "I would like general information and specifics of those who dwell on the Mannan Islands-particularly their tempers and customs. There was a very close run-in last month, and I want to make sure we can appease them or at the very least defend ourselves when they find our little outpost there."

He held up a silver arrow. "As to these, if I could get these by the crates, I know of a good market just now for these, quite worth it if we have a deal in bargain."

05-21-2013 04:38 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"It must be a very interesting life," Mairead's brows rose beneath her hood as she considered what kind of life that Blair must lead. Sounded like much more freedom than the Ua Fand woman could ever hope for. But then, it was probably also dangerous. And besides, it wasn't as though Mairead wasn't about to start on her own new adventures, she supposed. As long as she could keep well away from the eyes and ears of Manius, then she would be alright.

The attention of the blue-eyed woman turned to Garik once more though, as he mentioned the people who dwelt on the Manaan Islands, and a look of concern crossed her features, "You did not mention to me that you were having trouble with the Islanders." Mairead said quietly. She supposed they didn't think she would know much, but she had spent some time around the islands, even if she'd been avoiding other people for the most part, she could still observe. She almost opened her mouth to offer to attempt to talk with them on behalf of the Ironswift, but thought better of it for now. Perhaps later.

05-21-2013 05:08 AM
Blair Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"You mean Clann Heron?" Blair raised a brow. "They're tied to the Scathan, I believe. Don't have official representation. Held tight by the Ua Lir up until the clann war, but then got loose and have been more or less unofficially ruling those islands since... Don't think they're too pleased about their lack of representation. Don't know too much about those island folks, but I'll see if I can seed a few folks out to root out more information."

Her gaze slides towards Mairead. "It has been. It's certainly worth the time and effort to travel, if you're willing to take the risks... as for the arrows?"

Blair's grin is broad. "I think I can find you a supplier for those, how soon do you need the first shipment."
05-21-2013 05:08 PM
Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

A bob of red hair weaves back through the crowd, and Addnag returns to the stall with a longbow that looks exceptionally well-made. "Try this one, I think it should work. Sorry, I was trying to find a truly good one. I'd rather not go lower, since if it comes into use, it's probably going to be when we're all needing to be careful, right?"
05-21-2013 05:11 PM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"We can discuss it later." He coughed into a fist murmuring. Lowering his hand then, he looked to Blair and Addnag. "For the shipments I will need to confirm their necessity or amount, but I have the suppliers i will make sure of their usage." Garik smiled and nodded back to Addnag as a form of welcome. "My biggest concern would be of the wood material and of it's coating-it will be dealing with the chill an d humid conditions as you know."

05-21-2013 09:00 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Listening to Blair speak about the Heron, Mairead consciously bit her tongue, having nodded just slightly when Garik made it clear to her that it was something he would rather discuss in private or at least later on when they weren't surrounded by people. She was aware that she had to remain anonymous and so would wait. But still... things she could have known sooner.

Addnag's return was a reprieve from thinking about the Albans and Manaan Islanders, and Mairead smiled as she reached out to accept the bow so that she could examine it, "Its very well crafted." She commented, before drawing upon it with just her fingers to test its strength. "Strong, and just flexible enough..." She glanced at Garik and his concerns before looking to Addnag once more with a raised brow, "I would trust that part of your search included looking for something that would endure the Northern climate, yes? You have been there before, after all."

05-22-2013 07:03 AM