[Open] Market - Morning
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: The Heimdallingar

RE: [Open] Market - Morning
[OOC Note: The woman in question that is the newcomer is referred to as Dae'Raim around Addnag, and looks of the Sea Dragon Clann if knowledged.]

"She works just as hard as the rest of us, if not as physical sometimes. All depends on when and where, but she is best when we ride the edges of storms for a greater speed. It is a less of a danger now, and more chance of arriving early or on time if delayed." Garik spoke calmly, nodding at his simple defense of Addnag. "As to Dae'Raim she is well, last I checked she was shopping for clothes with Nina elsewhere. She's not too keen on the heavier garments I have you wear up north with us."

[Image: Sig2_zps6a616355.jpg]
05-17-2013 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blair Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

Blair smiled at her daughter, at this reached over to ruffle her hair. "That may be, but she's a soft little thing back on shore, sleeping in and eating candied fruit all the time." She chuckled, bemusedly chiding her daughter, who just glances over sleepily and purses her lips.

"You've added another to your crew, then?" Blair grinned. "Sounds like you're making more friends already."
05-18-2013 03:56 PM
Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Addnag smiled, a little proudly, at the praise, and nibbles another piece of fruit from the stick it's impaled on. "That's good. Should be nice having her around, too, good to have more Draiocht to work with... I think between us we should do pretty well... it'll be interesting to talk to her more, I think."
05-18-2013 04:10 PM
Mairead Uí Fand-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Sea Dragan
Clann: Ua Fand

Even though Nina had only recently started speaking to Mairead, the sidhe woman still felt oddly secure around the tall Aesir woman. Perhaps it was the fact that Nina's presence made a lot of the other sidhe wary, due to her height and where she was from. The weapons the woman often carried tended to add a little extra intimidation too.

With her long hair braided back and the hood of the dark cloak she wore pulled up, no one could see the blue-black colouring that would give away her parentage. Underneath the covering garment, Mairead wore a simple red dress that went to knee length, and a pair of high boots. She carried a sack of garments and other bits and pieces she'd bought in front of her with arms wrapped around it, insistant on not making Nina haul her new wares around for her.

"Talking about me?" Mairead's smooth voice spoke from behind Garik, Nina wasn't far behind her either; the pair having spotted Garik easily through the people milling about the market. Stepping around the man to see who he was talking to, Mairead offered Addnag a small smile from beneath her cowl, "Hello Addnag." She saw the other woman whose stall it seemed to be and offered a polite nod, "Hello."

[Image: ayua8w.png]
05-18-2013 06:04 PM
Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The girl smiled broadly back, white eyes bright and interested as she raised her hand and wiggling her fingers, cheerily, fidgeting and playing with the edge of her cloak before finally realizing her fingers are still sticky with honey. "Good morning, Dae'Raim. Shopping go well?"

She turned, and nods to her mother, pointing towards Dae'Raim, then slowly licked the honey off of her fingers. "Mum, this is Dae'Raim, Dae'Raim, this is Blair, my mom." She beamed, and motioned towards the woman. "She's the one who had me join up with the warband."
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 06:26 PM by Addnag Uí Nemain-Sleá.)
05-18-2013 06:24 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Blair leaned forward, studying the woman with interest, nodded a greeting towards the Aesir next to her. "Good morning, and a pleasant meeting, I hope."

She took in the glimpse of a red dress, and beamed wider. "Excellent colour. I'm quite fond of it, myself," she runs her hands through her hair, pushing some of it behind her ears with a jangle of bracelets. "Are you enjoying the market?"

She winked, at this, and smirked all the more. "Have any need for more supplies?"
05-18-2013 06:34 PM
Ironswift Warband Offline
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Clann: Heimdallingar

Nina had stepped up behind and a bit next to both Garik and Dae'Raim, currently thiks day she wore her heavy bronze armor and as per usual of the place at least three of her weapons were visible upon her. Any snuck shots of vision showed her bow was not far away either within the wagon. She gave a nod to Blair and Addnag as a way of expressing good morning, then looking about briefly at the other Sidhe about with that passive grimness about her expression.

Family Members and the Warband
05-18-2013 11:10 PM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Clann: The Heimdallingar

...Out of all woman, I suppose this was to be happening at some point whether or not I was aware. The mind of Garik briefly concerned itself to Blair's fearless curiosity surrounding Mairead, but if they kept it to polite measures he supposed it wouldn't be too big of an investigation. Hopefully.

"Only just speaking of the fact Addnag will not be dozing on the aft of the ship when the sun is out." Garik gave a small smile and nodded to her. "I have been noticing the ability for the sail of the Sea Dragon clann, which before was mostly rumor and tales from my people. I may take up a few more depending, but I am told their chieftain holds no love for most others." He rolled a shoulder.

"So far I have been impressed with both their works-and both employed from good sources." He mused, looking to Blair and chuckling.

[Image: Sig2_zps6a616355.jpg]
05-18-2013 11:17 PM
Mairead Uí Fand-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Sea Dragan
Clann: Ua Fand

"Shopping went very well, though I am told I should procure clothing for the chilly north from those who know it," Mairead lifted the sack she held in front of her almost like a belly full of triplets that she had to keep supporting. She glanced at the woman that Addnag was with once more and offered a polite nod, "Well met." Had she not been told of their relation, she might have guessed at it anyway, but what put her off a little was the intense curiosity of Blair.

"Its... very crowded," Was the only think Mairead could really say about the market. She felt much better standing near Garik and Nina, but still couldn't get rid of the small tick at the back of her neck that made her feel just a little paranoid that any moment someone would recognise her, or simply know that she belonged to Manius.

The talk of the Sea Dragan Chieftain certainly didn't help with that feeling and Mairead had to fight off the urge to look around her to make sure no one was staring in her direction. She smiled though, at the compliment from Garik, and offered him a fond nudge with her elbow, "I've barely had much chance to prove my worth yet." Mairead did browse the wares a little while she spoke, seeing if there was anything that might be of use to her.

"I do need to acquire a good longbow for myself at some point," The woman murmured as she leaned over the goods, inspecting them. With her hands full, she couldn't really reach for anything, and besides it didn't hurt to let the merchant put their skill of selling to use.

[Image: ayua8w.png]
05-19-2013 08:58 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The Nemain smiled all the broader. "A market should be crowded, means that there's plenty of trade to do, now doesn't it? People allow for greater trade - more to talk to, more to sell to..." Her gaze slid back to Garick. "Yes, they're quite a handy folk, aren't they? We've one or two, here and there. One of Addnag's friends is a Fand. Noble blood, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him, or talking to him, but if you got on the topic of how he began sailing. Not much the boy values but the sea, which is good for a sailor. He's proven quite useful in the past."

Gold eyes slid back to Mairead, evaluated her quietly. "A longbow?" Blair clicked her tongue, glanced at her daughter. "We may be able to find something for you... Addnag, see if you can fetch something a bit better than what we have here, something you think would be of more use?"
05-20-2013 03:44 AM