The City Devours (OPEN)
Ironswift Warband Offline
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: Heimdallingar

RE: The City Devours (OPEN)
Nina stepped in and retrieved the scroll from her persons as well as a pouch a little larger then Ryol's head. She bowed respectfully once she had ducked underneath a few doorways and ceilings, minding her head as she raised back up. "Greetings Chief of the Swann I bring with me the ledger for our latest shipments and the taxes of both the land use and part of the sales for the cleansing of the earth." she spoke simply in tone and with that soldier's note of respect for a superior.

Family Members and the Warband
05-17-2013 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user
Ryol Ó Caer-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Swann
Clann: Ua Caer

The man marked his page and set the book aside - it is of note that the man is in far more casual dress than the Aesir were wont to see him in, his swan-feather cape somewhere out of sight and clearly nearing the time he had intended to sleep. He straightened up, somewhat, as Nina entered, his white eyes examining and evaluating in silence before he inclined his head.

One of the Ironswift, then.

"A little late in the day for that, but I suppose it's not too dire an inconvenience..." He holds out his hand for the scroll.
05-17-2013 04:39 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"There was a delay in a few of the gates between the Foreign and Market districts. My....attire, does not make guards unwary at my passing, even with my marks and letters to explain my passage." Nina explained. "It also had been something that something suspicious had come about near the raven residence. That said, I was not able to make anything distinct, only strange noises and the door opening." She rolled her shoulders as she had been striding up, then handed her the scroll. Within the scroll however was a second letter, written by if he did recall Garik's hand instead of Adea's usual economic musings.

Great Taoiseach Ryol Ó Caer-Mór,

Word has come of some particular nasty business if I am to run across of the Sea Dragon clann, if I were to get of your personal opinions of them I would be very grateful of this small favor. I myself will be looking into other sources,but your wisdom as it has been well-grounded before I thought first to ask. If we can be discreet as well on this, I wish not to attract their vessels especially with their cargo. Hope all goes well,

Garik Henrinson of the Ironswift Warband.

"I trust all is in order?"

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 07:54 PM by Ironswift Warband.)
05-17-2013 06:31 PM
Ryol Ó Caer-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Ryol listened silently, glanced over at the scroll, for a moment, hand reaching over to pick up his wine glass and take a slow sip as he quickly scans the numbers and data, then looked back up. "Suspicious? I'd be surprised, but Niall always has spies wandering one way or another... I'll see about speaking with the guards, again, if they continue to give your group much trouble when you're acting with regards to my Clann, they may need some dealing with."

He set the glass back down, and scanned the letter, before slowly raising one perfect brow. "We'll have to see." He stands, crossing to the desk in the corner and pulling out a sheet of parchment along with ink and quill, and begins to write, seemingly unconcerned by the ink - then again, he has proven to be supernaturally good at avoiding getting ink on his pristine white clothes. His writing is precise, but rather prettily done.

Henrinson,

I shall be returning to my estate in Swann Lands by the beginning of Breith. Until then, I am certain it is unnecessary to state, but, all the same, if this matter is of potential trouble, keep any aspects that may result in undue attention or conflict concealed to the best of your abilities. If it is necessary to speak to me in person earlier, you have permission and due reason to approach and speak with me at my local estate.

Sincerely,
Ryol Ó Caer-Mór
Taioseach of Clann Swann

He set parchment, quill, and paper aside, letting the letter dry. "I expect I'll be seeing your eldest brother sometime soon. Is there anything else of note?"
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 07:58 PM by Ryol Ó Caer-Mór.)
05-17-2013 07:33 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Beyond this, no. I have not been informed of much beyond a torunament these coming days. We will be about the city for a few days, then back to fort Hearnburg by vessel. I shall take my leave," She gave a curt bow, awaiting his permission to leave.

05-17-2013 07:57 PM
Ryol Ó Caer-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Very well." The man nodded curtly, moved his fingers over the letter, little curls of air helping to dry the ink a little faster. "Yes, the tournament could be ,,, interesting."

He checks the ink, waits a little longer until it's dried, then carefully folds it, and holds it out to Nina. "Please pass this letter to your eldest brother."
05-17-2013 08:04 PM
Aesir Warband
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Nods steps out of the room with the offered letter. "I shall then within the hour." She speaks politely but with her disciplined tone and steps out into the grounds, then off into the dim darkness that was the foggy streets of the capital of Sidhe.

05-17-2013 08:24 PM
Ryol Ó Caer-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Ryol waited until he'd received word that the woman had left the estate before he downed the rest of his wine and set the glass aside. He took the lantern that provided light to the room and strode down the halls, scroll of finances and the small letter in hand, and slid into his own chambers, roused his beloved Eslyn with a kiss before he passed the letter from Henrinson to her, and settled on the edge of the bed, watching her eyes her scan the words as he had, take in the implications, and waited for the telltale nod of understanding. "Interesting business, mo chroí."

"That was my thought precisely, a mhuirnín." Ryol took the letter from his wife's fingers, and opened the lantern's side, carefully folded the letter and tucked it into the flame, dropping the letter to the floor once it was near-consumed, let it burn itself to ash before he stomped one leather-booted foot down, expression impassive.

He wasn't about to chance anyone finding a letter speaking of potential trouble with a 'dear ally' from those in his employ.
05-18-2013 02:37 PM
Strykárr Ó Nemain- Mór Offline
Badarsed Nemain
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

Axe...Sword... Strykárr didn't really know what that meant, weapons of course, but which? What made them special? Aidan said it was engraved with runic markings on it too. "What does that mean Mo Thiarna, these are mere weapons are they not? What could the Orders possibly want with them?" He asked.
05-19-2013 10:40 PM
Niall Ó Mórrígan-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Morrigan

Niall looked to Aidan as the creature shifted in her seat. A moment passed as the puca gained some height and appeared to get a bit healthier than when she had first appeared. She then looked at the door and out to the windows of the room. Her eyes darting as if there was someone else present.

"The Order's are selling highly dangerous items to the Ashurites. Items which they can use to harm the High Kingdom," was all the woman said. Niall then gave the woman an inquiring look and shook his head. It made little sense to him how one lesser bloodsword could really matter in the scheme of things.

"Jotun Axes are made from Sky Iron, highly dangerous weapons crafted by the giant smiths of that predate the Holds of Norland," the woman replied.

My Tracker
[/align]
05-20-2013 05:23 AM
Thread Closed