The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
Edana Uí Clíodhna Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Cliodhna

RE: The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
Corrigan's determination almost made Edana feel somewhat comforted, though in the back of her mind she still felt that it would be best if she eventually went on her way, despite his protests. Why he seemed to be so against it was a question she'd have to ask another time, but for now she just smiled and chuckled softly. She tilted her head when he started stammering a little, raising a brow, "Its no imposition. You're paying for my room as it is." If anything, she'd feel better if he wasn't sitting outside in the corridor.

Smiling softly, Edana clasped his hand in both of hers and rested her chin lightly on Corrigan's shoulder while he seemed to be falling over his words. Her brow furrowed and she had to hold back from chuckling, "I wouldn't suggest it if it was a bother. It just seems to make better sense than you sitting outside my door." She then shrugged and glanced downward slightly, "And besides, I trust you. And you... kind of help me feel safer."

It was Edana's turn to blush, though she was certain it was only because she hated to admit to feeling weak or scared. From what she could tell though, Corrigan was hesitant for some reason, and she wondered if she'd made him uncomfortable.

"Unless you don't want to..." The woman let go of his hand and stifled a small yawn, and then it hit her that perhaps there was a reason why he didn't want to be in the same bed as her. For all her time here, she hadn't even considered if maybe Corrigan had a woman and she was glad that her cheeks were partically hidden by her hair, "Danu alive, I'm sorry, I didn't even consider if you had a lady... I wouldn't want to get you in trouble or something."

Biting her lip, Edana stepped back a little, "I didn't mean to seem inappropriate... sorry." With a small nod, she then turned to walk back toward the stairs, feeling somewhat embarrassed.
07-28-2013 06:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

Corrigan blinked, slowly, at the reminder that he'd taken it upon himself to ensure she had a room, having forgotten it somewhat in the last few days - after all, he'd had bigger things on his mind, and had thrown himself into making sure Edana would be fine... of course, that didn't stop him from going red to the tips of his ears, even as he grinned, slightly, more than a little delighted that Edana felt safe with him... "...I'm glad. I. Uhm."

He keeps his hand over his face, trying to hide the heat in his cheeks, but blinks, peers out between his fingers as she backs up. "A - oh. No. No. It's... It's nothing like that, honestly. I... don't."

Though usually, to his brothers, he'd roll his eyes and declare that he didn't want to have just one, that kind of playful boast wasn't the type he was about to make to Edana - "Uhm. Have a woman, I mean." He smiles, a little weakly, hand moving to push through his hair before dropping to his side. "...Just me."

He goes quiet again, as he manages to will his face to cool, and moves to follow her, chewing her lip, shoulders hunched a bit in embarrassment at his own hesitation and awkward manner...
08-06-2013 01:35 AM
Edana Uí Clíodhna Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Cliodhna

The woman wasn't sure whether to feel confused or maybe a bit relieved as she paused when Corrigan mentioned he didn't have a woman. Well, at least she wasn't stepping on anyone's toes that she knew of, but then he still seemed to be hesitant... or embarrassed maybe? She couldn't be sure between the stammering and way his tongue seemed to be all tied up. After a moment, a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips and she had to turn away a little and cover her mouth so keep her chuckling silent.

Still, she felt possibly a little less worried after knowing that she wasn't getting him into some kind of trouble. To be honest, part of her was hoping that he would just agree to keep her company, just so that she wasn't feeling so alone still. She felt very not alone when she was curled up in his lap before, after all. Besides, she still didn't like him sleeping on the floor in the hallway.

"So... are you going to stay in the room with me, then?" Edana asked quietly as she continued leading the way back up the stairs and toward the room that had been paid for by Corrigan so that she had somewhere to stay where she wasn't disturbed or had to worry about people getting to her. She was still worried, even so... but it was nice to know that she was being looked out for nonetheless, despite the fact that she was still sure she would have to go.

Reaching her room, Edana opened the door and stepped in, before pausing just inside and turning to glance toward Corrigan while the moonlight from outside shone on and past her a little, so she was able to see a bit better in the dark of the night.

"I really, honestly, don't mind..." The woman bit her lip as she glanced at the bed, "Its big enough. And, I think I might sleep better..." Her hair fell over her face again as she glanced downward slightly, even though he probably wouldn't see the colour in her cheeks in this light. Taking a breath, she glanced up at him again and held out a hand toward him, palm up, and waited.
08-29-2013 01:35 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

Corrigan carded one of his hands through his hair as he quietly followed Edana back up the steps, more than a little self-conscious, now. It wasn't... he shouldn't be this self-conscious, should he? It's... it was Edana, and... it was strange, wasn't it? Any other woman, no other woman, really, could make him trip over his tongue like this, but she did, just like that...

He breathed out a puff of air, watching her walk up the stairs, didn't think to say anything aloud, just gave a helpless little shrug at her question, eyes dropping to watch her legs as she moves up the stairs... He stopped, as they reached the doorway to her room, glanced up, gold eyes watching her uncertainly, and swallowed slowly.

"I... if you want me to, I can." He can feel the heat in his face, but tries to push away his own nervousness - he shouldn't be nervous, it's not as though he hasn't seen... well... and it's not as though it's anything more than being there to sleep, in all truth.

So why was he so damned nervous?

"If you really think it might help you sleep."

He smiles, and carefully reaches out, resting his own hand on hers, touch light and careful.

(( Internal dialogue: if I screw this up I am going to hit my head against the wall for hours. .__. ))
10-08-2013 04:37 PM