The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
Edana Uí Clíodhna Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Cliodhna

RE: The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
Listening, Edana nodded for the moment, happy to let Corrigan talk and also kind of happy that even if her part was fairly small by comparison to what these people seemed to have done, she'd managed to help someone have a good life. Her life had become so full of violence and bloodshed, that she'd forgotten about those days which seemed much simpler now she looked back on them.

With Corrigan still holding her hand, Edana walked carefully with him, mindful of the creaky stairs, and ending in the kitchen where the smell of stew reached her nose and caused her stomach to complain silently again. She stood a little awkwardly, unsure what to do since she'd not been in the kitchen area before, but took the pulled out chair as a cue and sat down quietly while Corrigan stoked the fire to warm up the pot again, "They just keep some stew here for people to eat if they get hungry or something?" She asked quietly.

Edana leaned her elbows on the table in front of her and twiddled her thumbs together, watching them intently so that she wasn't just watching Corrigan like a lost puppy or something. After a few moments she spoke quietly again, "I'm glad they didn't turn you over to Dugan's father..." She suddenly felt like the statement had come out of the blue and cleared her throat.

"I mean, its good that you found people to look after and take care of you like family. At least my efforts, however small, didn't go to waste and you and your brothers were able to be together," Edana tried to chuckle lightly, but it seemed to fall short as her hands fidgeted on the table in front of her.

"I don't have any family, so... I guess, it makes me glad that you were all able to have each other still..." Edana's voice trailed off again and she ran a hand through her hair, messing it up a little more than it already was, but seemingly not really caring. She ran a finger over the scar that ran down the right side of her face self-consciously before pushing some of her hair over it, and then glanced over at Corrigan, "The stew smells good."
07-11-2013 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

“A lot of us basically live here… Aeron, Kerenza, my brothers and I… So we help out with things, and Deidre – or whomever’s in charge of the kitchen – usually leaves something out to heat up in case we have to go run a message or go do something, and are out past when most folks are coming round.” The fire sparks to life with a little of his air charms – and a lot of his breath – and lights up the pleased, contented smile on his face. “We work here, on and off, so we’re allowed in the kitchen, and if someone shows up late at night… well, one of us can make sure they’re fed.”

He grinned, wide and toothy, and turned to wink at the young woman, one hand on his hip. “So am I. He showed up a few days behind and I nearly died on the spot, but Deidre scared the scit out of him. It was amazing….” He grinned, sharp teeth visible, and glanced at the stewpot, then back at her. “Well, you found us, too, now, so… we’ll take care of you, this time.”
07-12-2013 10:06 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Sounds like you've all found a nice home together," Edana said quietly as she continued to play with her hair a little, unable to really keep her hands still as she tried to think of how it was she would get away, or if she was going to have to wait for another night. "So she basically does what I used to... back when I was hiding vagrants out in the master's stables..." She mused quietly, not even thinking of the fact that she still refered to the first man who had kept her as 'the master'.

"I noticed you put a little meat on your bones, I bet its due to all the good food, hm?" The woman offered a small smile at Corrigan, though tilted her head as he winked at her and then mentioned that the man had come for him just a few days after he'd arrived. That would have been frightening, Edana thought. She suddenly felt a little nauseous and cast her wary gaze out toward the main area of the Inn.

What would happen if Cullen came here? She could only imagine; though decidedly didn't want to think about it.

"I, uh..." Edana glanced down at the table as her fingernail scratched lightly at the surface. She hid most of her face behind the curtain of messy hair that fell in front of it, unsure what to really say, "Thank you. I don't know what I'd have done otherwise. But I'll try not to be too much of a burden in the meantime until I leave, which will be soon enough. I don't want to overstay my welcome, and I'm sure you all have a lot more to worry about without me adding more to it." She offered a small smile, though it was partially hidden.
07-12-2013 10:34 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

"...kind of, I guess, though it's less anyone who passes through and more folks that someone's connected to... I don't know if they'd have done the same if Fallyn didn't work for her daughter..." He laughs, and raised one arm, flexing what muscle he had. "I hope I have, it'd be kind of sad if I hadn't gotten any bigger, right?"

His good cheer trails off, though, lips twitching into a faint frown. "...you're not a burden, Edana, I..."

He stops short, clearly dismayed at the prospect of her words. "...leave? I.. No, I don't have anything to worry about. Uh. It's... It's nice having you around. I mean. I wish the circumstances were a bit different but..."
07-12-2013 05:18 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"You were kind of scrawny when I found you," Edana smirked slightly, a little amused as Corrigan tried to show off, "I was scared your weren't going to make it through the night." It had been quite a real fear when she'd found the shivering young man, barely a few years younger than herself. She'd also remembered having to face some wrath from the master of the house for being missing for the night.

It seemed her words about her intention to leave had killed the man's mood though, and Edana gave him a concerned look while he seemed to stumble around his words a little, "Corrigan... you were sleeping in the hallway..." If that didn't make her a slight burden, then she didn't know what did. Not that she understood why he was there anyway.

"I haven't exactly been fantastic company," Edana raised her brows, "I can't imagine I've been all that exciting to be around." She'd been in pain, barely talking, and not really all that sociable. The first few days after she woke she was twitchy and paranoid as hell -- not that she wasn't still paranoid, considering she kept glancing toward the door every now and then. "Besides, I don't want to bring any trouble here. You and your friends shouldn't have to deal with that..." She especially didn't want any of them to ge involved with Cullen.

"Obviously I didn't end up in my state via good means..."
07-12-2013 05:43 PM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

He huffed, a little, then shrugged, hands in his pockets. "Well, as mum got sicker, my meals got worse, so... not much wonder. Didn't help much once I was outside." He trailed off, remembering some of the things he'd had to catch in order to survive up until Edana had found him, scrabbling in the dirt and brush for anything he could eat...

He shook his head, looked back up at her. "Uh. Well. I didn't plan on falling asleep. I just. You know. Wanted to make sure I was there if anything happened." He frowned, ran his hands through his hair. "It's really no big deal, and not any trouble at all. I mean, I didn't expect you to feel that good after you woke up, it's normal, you know. It's still nice to have you around..."

His lips twitch downwards, again, at the corners, and he pauses, passed over to scrounge up some bowls from the kitchen. "Well, no one wants to bring trouble, but I brought a bunch of Flidais-Mor on my heels and it didn't turn out to be trouble at all. Honest, we've got enough trouble-makers around that a little more doesn't hurt a bit -"

He freezes a moment, looking towards the stairs, and murmurs, conspiratorial. "Honestly, some of the older folk 'round here scare me, they're... well, they can be pretty deadly. Aeron's prone to just popping out of the shadows when you least expect it... not that it's not a real useful thing. From what I hear she's gotten folk out of some nasty spots, even if most of what she's doing is helping at some of our merchant booths and stuff."

He crossed to the stewpot, stirred it a bit, sniffing and trying to see if it had warmed. "And... well, yeah. I kind've figured that. All the more reason you should stick around, you know?"
07-13-2013 09:29 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Sorry," Edana shrank in on herself a little as she realised she may have brought up some painful memories for Corrigan, and she played with a strand of hair distractedly, "I'm just glad you were able to get your strength back up a little before you went to get your brother. I might not have let you go off like that yet otherwise..." Her voice trailed off as she shrugged, though it was true. She'd had to put up with a little more abuse from the man whose land it was to keep him from finding out, but she would have to help the young man.

"So, have you been sitting out there regularly?" The woman questioned lightly as she glanced at him, a small frown on her lips as she considered how long she'd been here. Why would he be doing that? She didn't really understand it, but decided to leave it, still playing with her hair when he insisted on how nice it was to have her there. "I'm really not worth the trouble I'd bring, trust me," The woman murmured before biting her lower lip and lowering her eyelids halfway while she thought.

"Popping out of shadows?" Edana glanced at Corrigan again as he mentioned Aeron's habit. The woman still had Edana's daggers, apparently it had been her decision that the younger woman not have them back until she was fully healed. She frowned a little as she thought though, "I already guessed her profession the day I arrived... its the same as mine." She spoke idly before sighing and shaking her head.

"Its really not more reason to stick around... its more reason for me to be on the move again as soon as possible," The woman rested her head on crossed arms and watched Corrigan through a curtain of messy hair that fell across her eyes while he checked on the stew. "The last thing I need on my conscience is to have other people involved or possibly hurt over my own problems; I brought it upon myself anyway..." The last part was murmured almost inaudibly and she sighed again and sat up, ruffling her hair a little.

It was difficult to just sit still for some reason, and Edana stood up and joined Corrigan to look over the stew, "It really does smell good. Can I help with anything? I could get us drinks or something if you tell me where things are."
07-13-2013 10:52 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

“Well… yeah. In case you needed anything, you know?” He shrugged, and toyed with the stewpot a bit, glancing over and shifting his weight from one foot to the other. “And I’m telling you, it really isn’t trouble, not really…”

He paused, then shrugged, slightly. “Yeah. Literally.” Silence for a few moments, before he shrugged. “Uhm. I think she used to be called the Wraith, back during the war. It’s…” He frowned, glanced at Edana again.

“It is not. We’re the only ones who know you’re here, and we know how to keep things under wraps,” He juggles the bowls in his hand with the look of someone used to holding more than two bowls while preparing dinner, moving them around his hands in distraction. “Trust me, we’re more than able to hold our own when it comes to danger. Even if I wasn’t here, this is just about the best place you could have stumbled into, like you did…”

He trails off, looking over as she stood and joined him at the fire, tapped the ladle against the side of the pot, and huffed, settling it back on the rim and throwing her a critical look, one golden eye narrowed and a brow raised. “And youre toooo late,” he murmurs, smiling slightly. “Already involved, and promised I’d help, so…”

There’s a brief aborted motion, from the man, as though he was about to give her a light bump to the side with a hip and thought better of it – remembered the brand on her hip, the wound, didn’t want to cause her more pain – and he swallows, looking a bit more somber. “Uhm. Yeah. I said I was going to help, and I will, one way or another. ‘kay?”

He points, a bit distracted, towards another section of kitchen. “Tankards are over there. Uhm, ale’s on tap, and I think there’s a bottle of wine hidden away… though If you want water I should be able to pull a bit for you?”
07-13-2013 11:45 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The mention of what Aeron was labelled during the war caused Edana to raise a brow as she thought and then smirked slightly as she murmured, mostly to herself, "Ah, so that is the Wraith, then..." Almost hard to believe that the woman who had cooed at her and washed her back so gently was one of the more feared killers around... almost. Edana could believe it though. Still, even with that knowledge, she felt uneasy that her presence was only going to bring strife.

Seemed Corrigan was going to be insistent on arguing the point with her though, so Edana sighed and decided to go quiet for a moment as she stood beside him. She eyed him casually as he murmured about it being too late, noticing the smile and narrowing her eyes, "We'll see..." She responded in turn, her own smirk tugged at her lips very briefly.

The woman had noticed the movement that seemed to have been stopped for some reason, and her eyelids lowered slightly as she leaned to the side just slightly to rest her head on Corrigan's shoulder for a brief moment. Almost like a very gentle nudge before he directed her to where the tankards were, as well as where she could get drink.

"Alright," Edana spoke softly before walking over to pick up two tankards and then to pour ale from the taps into both of them before moving back to the table to set them down and fidgeted a little while still standing, before sitting down and deciding to just wait patiently. She sighed as she thought for a few moments in silence and then spoke quietly again, "You can help me until I'm better..." It would do for now, she supposed. And while she was still hurt there was less chance of people seeing her anyway.
07-13-2013 02:33 PM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

He glanced her way as her head rested on his shoulder, blinking slowly as she walked off to fetch the tankards, and glanced back to the stewpot again, feeling an unfamiliar heat rise up into his cheeks for a moment. He shook himself, shrugged, it off, and chewed on his lower lip as the silence stretched a few moments, then smiled again.

"We'll see." He swallows, glances over his shoulder and grins, again, before running his hand through his hair and fiddling with the ladle, checked the temperature, then finally smiled and ladled out two portions of stew into the bowls, bringing them over and carefully settling them on the table. "Here."
07-13-2013 02:52 PM