Surrounded By Strangers [Finley, Sioan]
Sioan Uí Goibniu-Eile Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Fox
Clann: Ua Goibinu

RE: Surrounded By Strangers [Finley, Sioan]
A few heads turned as the young Goibniu and her friend stepped into the sunlight, brimming full of the sense of justice, to reprimand those who take advantage of those lower and weaker than their status. The knightly light that travelled with Sioan, faded almost into a teen-like childishness, once she opened her mouth to respond to her friend.

“She tried to pick on you too?” she exclaimed, “Who does she think she is? Thinking that she has the right to make others miserable. But of course, I’m not worried about you when she’s concerned, it’s her that I would be worried. Imagine if Milti popped one of her ‘potions’ into her flapping mouth.” She giggled deviously. “I’m afraid any of your Fine is more than a match for the likes of them.”

Her eyes then stared down at the ground, her pace slowed down a little, and said in a low voice, “It’s people like Fflur that I’m worried about. You saw how she was, right? A really shy girl. I noticed there was something wrong since the first week I started living with her, and she seems to be getting worse than most because she’s a Flidais. I thought this whole feud business was over, since Aunty Aithne and Seren had their chance of getting back at Wolf’s Harrow. But I guess I had been naive.”

On their route to the archery grounds, instead of taking the main path, Sioan steered Finley into a back lane, behind some buildings. There, they found a group of girls, composed of six golden-haired Lugh, surrounding a Flidais boy that seemed small enough to be five or seven years their junior.

The boy was pressed to the side wall by one of the bigger girls, her short sleeves exhibited her strong toned muscles. The boy had charcoal marks on his forehead, and all over his arms. Despite the smears, the two could make it out that they were insults and smears the Lugh had passed down for generation for the Flidais. Sioan had no doubt that the Wolves would have theirs for the bitter enemy, but at this hot summer afternoon, in this back alley, it was a case of six Lugh girls picking on a single Flidais boy.

“Caught you guys red-handed this time,” Sioan surprised the group by walking up them, stopping with only several feet away, “so, it seems like one Flidais wasn’t enough. You just had to hunt for another. I wonder who was the real wolf pack in this Acadmh.” said she, folding her arms, and glared at them disapprovingly.

“Stay out of our business, Fox,” the leader of the gang sneered at the intruders, “We’re just teaching some feral beasts a lesson,” Sioan assumed that was Lewella. The golden-haired girl with petite braids, flickered her furious golden eyes to the Nemain behind her, “I see you’re dragging your servant around at school again. Now, why don’t you run along and play ‘Daddy’s girl’, while we deal with what really matters to our clann?” Yup, that was Lewella. And she seemed much strong than Finley had described. Perhaps it was because she has her gang behind her.
07-12-2013 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Finley Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

“Pfft, ‘course she did. Too much of the nobility think they can push everyone else around just ‘cause they’re high-born… it’s things like that which’ll be their downfall, one day, pride and hubris.” Finley’s voice is low, conspiratorial – she knows this to be true, in at least some cases, has heard enough of Tuatha being chased off by a strong group of Clients, of having them get their just desserts… She cracked her knuckles.

“Yeah, awful shy, perfect target, right – if you hide away and don’t say anything, no one can help you… and of course the feud isn’t over, it’s a blood feud… those things are hard to kill.” Finley quirks a brow as they march forwards, flashing her teeth. “Centuries and centuries of history, and more trouble coming between them all the time – you can see that clear enough, can’t you? The problem is if a grown-up hates someone, they’re going to pass the hate down to their kids, usually, ‘less they get sick of it and just want it all to stop, like Auntie Aithne did. Everyone wants vengeance for something, an’ the more they fight the more reasons everybody’s got.”

She smirked, all broad smiles and utter confidence, like there’s nothing in the world that could touch her, as the Lugh sneered in her direction, and took several easy steps forwards, bravado guiding her steps and her manner full of the swagger of a full-grown Nemain warrior. “Oh, darling, I’m no servant, I’m a confidante, and I know plenty of ears to talk to when it’s needed, an’ plenty of folk who’d say this is more than just your business…”

Finley chuckled, as the Lugh spoke, flashed her teeth and put a hand on her hip. “An’ who are you to claim what matters for your clan, when you’re not even old enough to have seen half‘ve it?” Finley tilts her head, rubs her hands together. “Unless you want me to see if I can connect you to your Chieftain, your Flaith, I’m sure she’d be very interested in hearing of what you’ve been doing…”
07-12-2013 09:22 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The Lugh girl was almost on the verge of bursting in laughter with Finley’s threat. “And how is a market confidente girl like you going to ‘connect’ to the Sun Child?” Lewella then glance at Sioan, and raised a perfect golden eyebrow. “Through her? I doubt she would listen to a Goibniu. Besides, her ‘no retaliation’ policy is bullshit. Look what happened to her after she gave their name back. We’re just reminding them that they should think twice in messing with us.” There was a chorus of giggles behind their leader. For the first time in Sioan’s life, she felt repulsed towards someone. This was not defending their clann, nor revenge, this was simply exerting their power over someone just because they could.

“And this is how you remind them, picking on their weak. If this was how your parents behaved behind your Chieftain’s back, no wonder the Flidais retaliate. You’re just repeating the same thing,” Sioan said, in an attempt to put their actions into perspective.

“What are you going to do? Run and tell on us to the Sun Child? You can’t rely on your Da’s dick to solve all your problems,” Llewella said with a smirk, as if she had found the perfect counter-line.

And that was how Llewella was abruptly knocked off her feet, and landed hard on the ground. The Lugh brat grabbed her nose and screamed. Sioan was standing above her, with clenched fists and a dark expression, “If this is the kind of game you want to play, fine,” she said coldly, “You have insulted my father, the Fox Chieftain and your own Chieftain in one stroke. I have several witnesses here.” Her eyes glanced over Finley, to the Flidais boy, and then to the Lugh girls who were now baffled and scared at the same time, “I don’t need to tell them in person, I only need to tell the druids, with these eyes backing me up, and you’d be expelled out of this Acadmh, and you’ll have to explain it to your parents.” She paused, staring down at the girl she just punched, “If you don’t want me to do so, then you’ll have to agree that you’ll never pick on someone again, no matter what rank they are, or what Sept they’re from.”
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 03:23 AM by Sioan Uí Goibniu-Eile.)
07-18-2013 09:08 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

“Darlin’, I’m Auntie to her grandkids,” Finley snorts, fingers pressed to her lips, glee in her eyes, and laughs, loud and amused. “Why would I bother Sioan when I can talk to her myself? T’ain’t like I don’t do it already on a regular basis.”

She tilted her head, watching Sioan and Llewella, dire-hawk gray eyes watching in silence, taking in the words of one, then the other, and whistles, low, as Llewella smirks…. And hits the ground. “Do you want me to fetch one of the druids, Sioan?” She rests her hand on her hip, tucking a strand of brilliant red hair behind her ear. “Or shall we wait?”

She turns her gaze towards the Flidais boy, moving to offer him a hand up.
07-19-2013 09:28 AM
Fflur Uí Flidais-Mor Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Flidais

Fflur arrived the scene in time to Lewella curled on the ground, with her nose bleeding. She let out a gasp, and took a step back. The sight of violence sent a cold fear creeping behind her neck. She met Lewella’s eye for second, a look that you were looking to blame for someone. Quickly, she turned aside, and helped Finley picking up the boy from her own clann instead. She pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket, and began wiping the offensive writing off his arms and forehead.
07-20-2013 10:55 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The Lugh girls picked their leader up, while they glared at the two who had intervened them, though they did not retaliate. Things had been bad enough for them as it was, and they would not want to escalate it further by harming the daughter of the Fox Chieftain.

“I think we’ve made enough of a warning,” said Sioan, as she stared back at the Ua Lugh. She stepped aside and let them passed. “They deserve a chance learning from their mistake.”

Once the Ua Lugh were safely out of range, the Flidais boy turned to her, with scorn in his eyes.

“You’d think they’d learn anything? They’ll only learn how to hide from you.” He was only a boy, but he sounded like someone beyond his years. “Like they always do. And they’ll be back. As long they’re the ones with power, they will always come back.” With that, he turned and gave a 'thank you' nod at Fflur, and then bolted from the scene.

“Hey, wait!” Sioan tried to reach out for him, but the boy had already disappeared around the corner. She made an exasperated sigh. Suddenly, she felt like hadn’t accomplished anything at all.
07-20-2013 10:56 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Finley smiles, slightly, at Fflur as she arrived and helped her with the boy, stepping back and settling her hands into her coat as the Flidais helped wipe away the writing on the boy's face and limbs... then glances back at the Lugh girls and bares her teeth in a wide grin that's less friendly and more of a threat display.

Her gaze turns to the Flidais boy, as he speaks, and she listens - truth, enough, though if they'd left a mark... Well, it would just expand the targets present, wouldn't it? Not that she was going to say that to Sioan, of course... but she'd be more cautious on her own, where she had to be... Then again, if she needed protection, she had her mother's resources to call on...

She doesn't speak, until the boy leaves, her lips pressed into a thin line, and reaches out to squeeze Sioan's shoulder. "Perhaps we should speak to the Ollamh, and cut this problem off at the knees before it gets worse."
07-26-2013 08:05 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Thoughts whether she did the right thing continued to simmer in her head. Though, in the end, there was no used in mulling over cracked eggs. She watched the Flidais boy disappeared silently around the corner. She cursed herself for not thinking this intervention through. Then again, things always seem to be more complicated than she anticipated.

She felt a squeeze on her shoulder from Finley. The assurance that the Nemain was still beside her comforted her a little. "Yeah, let's not drag this any longer." She turned to Fflur, who stood in a curled, shy, subservient pose, "And you're going to help by testifying for this."

When the Flidais girl didn't respond, Sioan strode over to her and gently patted her on the shoulder. "This is not just between you and Lewella anymore. Who knows how many young Flidais they have targeted. Would you do this to help your own clan?"
10-06-2013 06:56 AM
Fflur Uí Flidais-Mor Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Flidais

Fflur prayed that the two would simply let this incident be and continued their merry ways. Instead, the Nemain suggested bringing it to the Omllah. Fflur remained impassive, intending not to show interest, until her roommate came over to her.

"For my clann?" she blinked. Never had it come across her mind that her pathetic existence would be a contribution to anything, much less the entire clann. She still had doubts it would work, but there was something in Sioan's words, or rather, her blunt optimism in spite of the bleak situation, that made her reconsider.

"Very well," she quietly agreed.
10-06-2013 07:03 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

The girl watched the others, examining Fflur's expression for a moment, blue-gray eyes bright with interest and attention, gleefully drinking in the quiet little bit of surprise she could see dawn on the Flidais' face, the subtle change in her expression -

Finley grinned, all bright white teeth.

"Perfect, then... we'll talk to the Ollamh, and, at the very least, we can see if there's something to be done about what happened today." She stepped forwards and held her hands out to Fflur as well as Sioan. "Well then. Let's see if we can get a few things righted."
10-08-2013 07:25 AM