"The finest piece of ash"
Áedán Ó Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

RE: A Curious Camping Trip [Seren, The Twins]
“I’m not letting my guard down. No idea what that man has planned…” He grimaced, shook his head. “Had enough of those looks while we were there, damn unsettling, if you ask me… some of Seren’s siblings are… very interesting.”

Mentioning that one of her sisters was a damn Prydanii wasn’t on the list of things Aedan felt it wise to bring up, and he shook his head. “It was… a nerve-wracking thing, though keeping Seren cool after he made a few comments about, you know, my losing my head one way or another… kept me occupied.”

He sighed, long and slow, propped his hand on his knee. “And yeah, there’s a reason I’d been avoidin’ him so long.”
07-13-2013 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nathair Ó Lugh-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Elk
Clann: Ua Lugh

"Ah well, friend. I think that the fact you have both your heads is reason enough for celebration; I've heard some scary things about Coil Warriors." said Nathair, grinning even wider. His comment was made with Tali's innocence in mind, and only when the boy was occupied with the chore did he make the double entendre.

Noticing a tick on the side of Seren's horse, Nathair pulled a pair of bronze tweezers from out of a belt pocket. He placed the tweezers around the tick's head, and pulled at the base, where the tick met the flesh. Out, slowly, gently, came the insect. Then, when he had pulled it out, Nathair held it between the tweezers and walked over to Aedan.

"Mind trying to set that on fire? Only way to kill the nasty things," said Nathair nonchalantly.

07-16-2013 09:12 AM
Seren Uí Lugh-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Seren smirked a little as she watched Rozenwyn inspecting the nest, even climbing in there to make sure she could fit and wouldn't be seen. The mother gave an approving nod, "Good find. They could probably run straight past without even realising there's anything there, let alone a hiding Rozen." She mused quietly before chuckling under her breath.

"Do you think you'll remember your way here?" Seren asked her daughter, though was rather sure that even in the darkness, the girl would remember. Rozen had a rather frightening attention to detail, it was part of what was allowing her to advance so well in combat training.

"Yes, I can remember," The girl grinned cheekily and Seren ruffled her hair a little again before glancing between Rozen and Abbey.

"Shall we head back then?" With a grin, the woman began the small trek back toward the camp. choosing a rather direct route that would be easier for Rozenwyn to remember for later on. They stepped from the trees, just as Seren heard Nathair requesting something burnt, and she happily obliged with a small gesture, offering a flame to whatever he had in the tweezers.

"We return with firewood and raspberries!" The woman declared heartily, stopping by her boys to pat Tal on the head and then leaned down to offer Aedan a light kiss, "Miss me?"
07-17-2013 04:12 AM
Abbey Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"That's the plan," Abbey smirks. "The best spot for our purposes, I think." She rested a hand on her hip, memorizing the area in silence, and smiled at her niece. "Perfect, I think we'll do just fine, now won't we? Those boys won't know what to do."

She grinned as they joined the others, and snickered at her brother's baffled expression, even as he blinked, staring at the suddenly vanished bug.
07-20-2013 06:40 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Abbey and I count as Coil Warriors, too, remember?" Aedan rolls his eyes, tugs on a strand of his red hair, and purses his lips. "We're Ua Nemain, after all."

He paused, then perked up, slightly, at the challenge, reached out to try and flick flame at the little bug... just in time to narrowly miss the rush of flame from Seren's arrival. He blinked, slowly, glanced at Seren, jade eyes blinking slowly, and leaned against her, glancing at the tweezers before him. "I always miss you, Princess."
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 07:16 AM by Áedán Ó Nemain-Sleá.)
07-20-2013 07:16 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Nathair grinned when Seren incinerated the offending insect. Then he responded to Aedan. "Aye, exactly. That's why I give those tales any credence: I've seen some of them with my own eyes." Then he smiled slyly in greeting at the returning women and girl.

"Firewood and raspberries? You lot've been hard at work, mm?" said Nathair, still smiling. "While you're at it, I could use a massage...." he says, a jovial spark in his eye that says 'I fully expect to get slapped for that'.

Nathair moved to the rump of Seren's horse, the last place he would brush before moving to the next horse. A combination of quick and short strokes with the brush left the hair straight and clean, and the horse did not mind as Nathair scared away the bugs that were always bothering the beasts.

The wind picked up and darkened clouds came over the peaks of the Highmists. As they arrived, rain sprinkled down lightly, but irregularly. The clouds were not true storm clouds, but they did offer the clearing some shade.

07-23-2013 11:42 AM
Seren Uí Lugh-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Seating herself beside Aedan, Seren nudged him lightly before leaning back against him and pressing a kiss to his shoulder while she set her large satchel of wood down. She snorted at Nathair's other request before rolling her eyes, "We're the ones who've been lugging firewood around, perhaps you should think about offering Abbey a shoulder massage." She smirked before butting her head gently on Aedan's shoulder and then resting her chin on it to whisper quietly.

"What say we get this fire started and then go do a little 'exploring' of our own... the massage idea sounds somewhat appealing, mnh?" The woman leaned over and nipped at her beloved's earlobe before she started unpacking some of the kindling and larger logs from her satchel, "Then tonight after the kids are in bed, we'll go for that swim?" Her eyes gleamed mischievously at him before she returned her concentration to the task at hand.

"Here, Uncle Nathair," Rozenwyn, meanwhile, had walked over to where the man was brushing down the horses and offered up the raspberries in her own satchel. "The best ones are in the side pocket. Their were lots of them, I can show you where we got them from tomorrow, if you like." The girl offered. She then considered his current job, "Can I help?" Tilting her head, the girl asked quietly as she blinked up at him.

"Me too!" Taliesin had followed his sister over, after working out that she had the berries, and stole a couple from the satchel, grinning as she sighed impatiently at him, "I can help! Wait... I should see if anyone else wants help too first..." He then called over to his parents and aunt, "Can I help with anything?!"
07-28-2013 07:10 PM
Abbey Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Mh-hm, the hardest work," Abbey smirks, moving to hip-check Nathair on her way to their makeshift fire pit. "I think Seren has the right idea, I'm absolutely ruined from all this hard walking in the woods and carrying things back here."

Her voice is light and teasing as she moves to set up the fire pit, carefully arranging a little circle of twigs and moss, and using flint and tinder to try and start a spark. She mutters about the drizzle, glancing upwards, and tries to shield the small flame with her body while she works to coax it to a life that will keep it from being devoured by the damp. "I've got a job for you, how about getting the wood somewhere it won't get damp?"
08-06-2013 03:22 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Aedan grins at Nathair, then turns his gaze, and there's no one in his eyes but Seren.

"I wouldn't mind exploring, a bit.." He smiles, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek before circling around and settling his hands on her shoulders, leaning in and nuzzling at the back of her head. "And if you want one..."

His thumbs make slow circles, and he chuckles, kisses the back of her head. "You just need to ask."
08-06-2013 03:25 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Nathair set aside his brush to take the strawberries. Internally he was now confronted by a mix of emotions. If Tali had been the one to present the gift, only friendly kindness would have shown on Nathair's face. However, Rozenwyn made things complicated. Whether he thought of it or not, Roze was a symbol of sadness to Nathair. He didn't know how to act, as the sadness and the happiness melded on his face.

"Yes.. mmm. They uh.. they look good. Thanks." He said, before promptly popping a few raspberries into his mouth.

After swallowing, he spoke up again. "Sure. There's another brush on Bryn, you can start brushing her down". Nathair had hardly thought before answering, as determined as he was to ignore the blooms of romance between Aedan and Seren. "That'd be.. a help".

Nathair finished his brushing of Seren's horse and moved to Abbey's. He took the same meticulous care of the horse's coat as he had with the last. Then he spoke to Roze, to instruct her. "While you brush, watch for any strange bumps or black lumps. They might be ticks that need removing. If you see one, you uh... ought to tell me, okay?"

08-29-2013 01:40 PM