Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Quest] Into Norland we go! (Jotunland, Mairead)
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Jotunland
Clann: The Heimdallingar

RE: [Quest] Into Norland we go! (Jotunland, Mairead)
Watching her canter up a bit of the way he did as well, as they were not in the foothills just yet. His eyes were wary a bit of the woods, but otherwise he kept his fond little smile as he caught back up with Mairead. "Any other curiosities you got before we get there? I am sure with such a new environment you might be wondering just what to expect of others up there. One thing I will mention however is once we get into Jotunland be mindful not to insult or feel someone dishonoured by your words. We take that fairly serious up in the north, and while most have decency enough to not make a deal of it, especially with such as yourself, we might come across the bugger or two needing a crack of his skull." He gave a small roll of his shoulders. "We're a tight-knot sort've folk, and we've gained both good and bad things from it. We're not isolationist at least however, we've seen and known the danger of that."

[Image: Sig2_zps6a616355.jpg]
06-29-2013 08:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mairead Uí Fand-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Sea Dragan
Clann: Ua Fand

"I have many curiosities, but I'm not sure I could list them all in one go," Mairead chuckled lightly, though a rosy hue reached her cheeks as she caught the fond smile that Garik tended to give her. "I've done well so far to not upset or insult any of the warband in Cels so far, but perhaps I'm being optimistic in my ability to charm or they are just more tolerant than most." She smiled lightly and gave a small shrug and a nod, "But I will certainly keep it in mind. I would not try or seek to insult your people purposely." She was aware they were a folk who held honour in high regard, something that had been her saving grace in her having met Garik and his crew.

"I shall leave the skull-cracking to you if its needed," The woman smiled with a small laugh, "I suppose I'm somewhat curious what they think of my people and how I should expect my presence there to be received. I'm aware that my appearance may be unwelcome if any ever came across those of the Sea Dragan Clann and recognise the features that belong to such, but am hopeful that I would be given chance to prove myself honourable." Mairead offered another small shrug as she ducked her head a little, another thought causing her to bite her lip slightly before she decided to speak plainly.

"Our... involvement, will not reflect too badly on you, will it?" The woman glanced at him with a raised brow, "I somehow doubt it is very common at all for one of yours to take a Sidhe lover... or partner?" A hidden question lay there, but she turned her attention forward, cheeks still slightly pink. "I just, do not wish to be a cause for contention or problems for you at your homeland."

[Image: ayua8w.png]
06-29-2013 12:37 PM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"One's honor is at the worst neutral, to have yourself earn or gain in dishonour or honor shall be your own doing; the ones of the north were able to avoid the worst of the damage for we had less incentive for the south, less ambition; for we understand the necessity of conquering, and meaning no offense it also tends to soften ones' self as well methinks." Garik cocked his head briefly. "Though minding it all is one way to be, and the skull cracking aye, you will be under my protection." At her question and worry he looked to her.

"You feel you slow me down, cause me pain or cause me ire? Do you stain my honor, in your eyes?" It was a blunt enough question, but that was he was in effect to his race for being honest. If she said no, he would return to that smile. "It is by your eyes and mine we decide that. Anyone else shall need to prove it otherwise of your lacking merit. While the questions of childbearing might come from my mother," He laughed at that. "I doubt much at all they doubt my wisdom of things."

06-29-2013 02:28 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"So a blank slate, I shall begin with," Mairead spoke, smiling softly at the promise that held for her. If she could start off neutral and then earn her honour among those Garik called kin, then she would do her best not to disappoint. She was personally glad that her lover was happy to take care of any confrontation that might occur with anyone who might like to cause a problem for her and she smile a little coyly, though the questions of how she saw her role with Garik made her blink as she stared at him a little.

"No... well, certainly not in my eyes, I do not taint your honour, but..." The woman was going to say that it might be different to how others could see her, but then paused as Garik spoke again and a slightly brighter blush rose to her cheeks as she nodded in understanding. The mention of what his mother might question her about had Mairead suddenly stare once more, though more at the path straight ahead as she realised that she hadn't even thought about the fact of whether Sidhe and Aesir could have children together, and her hand moved to her stomach subconsciously.

No, she didn't have anything to worry about, she was fairly certain of it, at least mostly she was, despite the conversation she'd had over drinks back at the Fort in Kernow which made her feel a small hint of doubt or fear. She mentally shook herself and chuckled, she was letting stories get to her now? "I am not sure what to think of that, except perhaps I should be more nervous of meeting your mother," But still, she smiled fondly at Garik a moment before chuckling and returning her attention a little to the road ahead.
06-30-2013 06:12 AM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Garik gave a hearty laugh as he heard her concern for his mother, then looked to her stomach as she touched it. "I'll be knowledged enough that unfortunately only by stray miracles can that be happenin' Mairead." It was a simple statement, and nothing harsh in his words for it. But, as to that, His mind crossed that particular pathway, and for some reason his ears burned on the idea. He coughed once, then clicked his reins. "Let's be at it then!"

06-30-2013 08:52 AM
Garnett Offline
Storyteller and Mod

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Canadian
Clann: Karuna

The path continued, showing nothing for now, but the resting sun dipped into darkness and it's red haze filled the sky as evening approached. A cave was up ahead, looking to have been carved out by the Aesir as part of the travel stops, but the lights were out if anyone inhabited the cave itself.
06-30-2013 08:59 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Aye, though it was also a stray miracle that led us to ever cross paths," Mairead raised her brows but chuckled softly and shook her head, glancing across at Garik a moment in curiosity as he coughed before following suit and matching his pace. They had some ground to cover yet.

Though as the evening came upon them, Mairead began to feel fatigued from the energy she'd spent on the voyage finally catching up to her. Her eyelids felt rather heavy as they approached what looked to be a shelter that had been specifically carved out of the mountainside, and she looked over to her companion with a curious gaze. As much as she didn't want to admit to her own tiredness, it would be darker soon and this was probably the only shelter for some distance.

"Should we look to stop for the night?" The woman asked casually before glancing up at the sky and then toward the cave. "The air is cooling rather quickly, and I've no knowledge of how long it may be before we find another shelter like the cave ahead."
06-30-2013 01:01 PM
Garik Henrinson Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"They made the locales every ten or so leagues." Garik replied, agreeing with the possibly implied stop. He shifted himself off his mount, watching her droop a little as they stopped. "Just let me check it out first, and we shall settle in. Watch the horses." With that, he shifted his polearm off his mount, shifting inside and then disappearing within the dark blackness that was veiled within the opening. The sound of the stone scraping stone was heard, and then, silence for several moments.

The pause lasted for a few minutes more, but still it seemed Garik made no audible action.

06-30-2013 01:25 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Stopping nearby the shelter, Mairead nodded and rubbed her eyes lightly as he moved to inspect inside. She reached out to the horses with her magic to keep them calmed and staying in one place while she waited and yawned once Garik had disappeared into the darkness of the cave. She heard some kind of movement and then it was silent. The longer the silence lasted though, the more a feeling of anxiety begin to grow in the pit of Mairead's stomach. She told herself off, that she would hear if there was a struggle or something, and that Garik had grown up hunting beasts and whatnot. Still...

"Garik?" The woman questioned, not overly loud but loud enough that one inside the cave would hear. She shifted to drop from her own mount and petted the neck, reinforcing her control over them to make sure they stayed, while she slipped a couple of stilettos into her belt, plucked her waterskin from her saddlebag, and crept toward the entrance to the shelter carefully, "Is it clear?" She asked as she removed the stopped from her skin. She bit her lip before taking a sip, still eyeing the cave warily.

[Image: ayua8w.png]
06-30-2013 02:28 PM
Garnett Offline
Storyteller and Mod

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Canadian
Clann: Karuna

No response came from the cave as she called in, but as she got closer there was a faint outline of what might be his figure inside the cave; his hand outstretched partly, breathing, but not moving. Something however was glittering by his foot here and there, almost a passing second glow before dispersing and re-appearing.
06-30-2013 04:23 PM