[Open - Event] The Shipments
K.Nightwind Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Alfland
Clann: Herjungar

RE: [Open - Event] The Shipments
K'rynn turned as she heard someone calling out, causing the silver beads in her hair to chime off of one another. Spotting the rather large figure she stopped pulling upon the reins of her horse. The Gelding came to a stop as it shook its large frame, tossing its mane a bit. Reaching over she patted the rump of the large beast with her gloved hand, to help calm him a bit. The silver gelding dipped his head low nibbling upon some of the grass that had grown between some stones that was in the street.

Bringing her golden gaze to rest upon the man that had called out. Taking in a deep breath as she half expected some sort of altercation. Her gaze drifted along him for a moment before glancing around scanning the crowd briefly. Biting down upon her lower lip finding herself feeling a bit uneasy with the situation, though made sure to keep her stance.

"Trade" She spoke quietly, her voice was a bit raspy as she had found herself needing a drink, perhaps from the salty air. Swallowing hard she gave a small smile before speaking once again, fighting back a bit of her chestnut hair out of her eyes. "K'rynn, a pleasure I am sure." Taking his hand giving a firm shake, as she had always been told. Showing others that you where no weakling, despite if she was or not.
06-29-2013 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garnett Offline
Storyteller and Mod

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Canadian
Clann: Karuna

The efforts of the crew were now full swing as well as the guard, keeping their idleness to minimal as long as Aleksander was on deck as it were. Their feet moved with a steady and sure but quick pace, loading his vessels for the perceived venture that was to be involving the reserves that Utanstead had been building up for years. The question that came to one or two citizens of Utanstead was where a few of the forges were. Certainly they had a decently sized one, but not for the armory that seemed to be packed on these ships.
06-29-2013 08:02 AM
Aleksander Norgaard Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Vanaland
Clann: The Ránningar

"Hooo, well met then." Listening to the noise, he offered her a skin from once of his men as he asked for one with a gesture. "Yah' be far from home lass to be givin' for simple trade of hire, but an ambitious thing it be." He laughed heartedly. "Curious, yah' be wonderin' about a change in jobs then? Yah' seem pretty handy with that bow o' yours."
06-29-2013 08:03 AM
K.Nightwind Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Lofting a brow as she looked to him for a moment, her gaze being drawn down to the skin he had offered. Pulling upon the cork that had stoppered it she took a drink coughing a bit as it seemed to be a bit more then just mere water. "Hmm.. I suppose I be a bit far.. Though to get the best prices sometimes you have to travel further from home." Holding out the skin to Aleksander she smiled to him warmly. However she tried to keep her distance as she didn't trust the man either. "Work.. what sort of work are you speaking of?"
06-29-2013 09:16 AM
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

He took up the skin and set the cap back on snug, tossing it back to his man. "Well now, friend of mine and myself are looking for good hardy folks to join us for a bit of an excursion! Gonna be quite the test of skill, mettle, and most of all tenacity, but all dependin' how it goes. I'm lookin' to be making some scout teams as well if ye' be interested." He rolled a shoulder. "Provide yah with pay, food an' other supplies, so long as ye' have your own martial gear."
06-29-2013 02:22 PM
K.Nightwind Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Looking to Aleksander for a moment as she pondered his offer. Her eyes drifting over to the company he had seeming to evaluate their potential. Her gaze looking back to the man before softly speaking. "I am not trained in true combat as most of my fighting is with beasts.. Though as far as scouting go I am fairly decent at it." The tips of her fingers resting upon her hip as she lightly drummed them, still thinking upon his offer. "How much are you paying for this lil adventure and what exactly would I be doing?"
07-01-2013 09:22 AM
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Payment an' such you'll discuss wit' the quartermaster." He shrugs. "As to yer specific duties much tha' same. If all goes well i'll give yah' some private commissions, and see where it goes from there. As to fighting, just look to the Jotunlanders for experience on that, sometimes it's the beast that's more fierce then a man."

He gave a hand palm open a small shake in the air. "Well think it over, if you get interested the Dashin' spray's the place to go. Off to my own business then, hup!" He gestured to his men, before they as a group trooped off back down the dockyards and up towards a massive vessel of Aesir design, as if a Longship had taken over a galley's specs.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 09:47 PM by Aleksander Norgaard.)
07-01-2013 09:45 PM