Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Thicker Than Water (Niall, Aedan, Abbey, kidletts)
Seren Uí Lugh-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Elk
Clann: Ua Lugh

RE: Thicker Than Water (Niall, Aedan, Abbey, kidletts)
A gentle bump to her shoulder and Seren's attention shifted to the man beside her as he smiled. The placed a hand on his one that rested on her arm and gave it a small squeeze, allowing some of her tension to ease a little as she smiled back at him. She leaned over and gave Aedan a small kiss on the lips before shifting a little closer so that she could lean in against him comfortably, her head resting against his shoulder as she glanced toward her father who was now laughing after assuring Rozenwyn that he wasn't going to kill the girl's own father. At that, the woman relaxed visibly, and offered a slight grin.

"Oh, I think he can survive a few scares," Patting Aedan's hand again, Seren nuzzled her head against him as she glanced over to see that Rozen looked satisfied with the reassurance as well and had now become more interested in her grandfather again when a Pard appeared and greeted the master of the estate with fond familiarity. In fact, Taliesin's eyes lit up as well and both children looked to be holding themselves back for the moment.

"I think Rozen and Tal would like to say hello to ol' Tom," The mother commented, earning her hopeful glances from her children, to see if she would let them if Niall said it was alright. She gave them a smile, though then glanced at her father again and her brows rose slightly to see that he was smiling at Aedan. It was true enough, that perhaps Aedan wouldn't be around if Niall had wanted him dead -- though it would have caused a nasty stir, with the two women that had raised the man. Seren highly doubted that her mother would be getting referred to as a current lover.

There was some concern, however, with the fact that the painted folk (including Seren's younger sister) probably wanted his head, and Seren raised a brow as she studied them silently again for a moment. Though she hardly felt threatened by the idea that they cut the heads off people they didn't like or who angered them. Instead smirked slightly.

"I suppose that is something I have in common with them," The woman remarked darkly, casting her smirk across to the twins who both knew of what happened to spies and assassins that Seren caught around her family's land. She turned back to Niall though and shrugged, "Though, I imagine there are a lot of smuggler groups who use the paths in the hidden hills, many with red hair too. Perhaps the energy would be better placed in finding the ones who actually started this feud." A small shrug, and Seren smiled sweetly at her father before he disappeared.

The children were happily nibbling on food and Seren sighed and glanced at the twins, raising a brow as though to ask if they were alright, especially Aedan who had been much more nervous about this whole thing than his sister. A sudden yell from her father over where he'd been talking quietly gained her attention, especially the mention of Black Guards, but then she watched as he returned and the servants brought out a boar and knives.

Taliesin seemed ready to pounce on the meat, but a look from his mother caused him to wrinkle his nose and sit back to wait until she'd handed him a plate with meat on it. Seren cut off meat for both the children before sitting back to eat something herself, feeling a lot more relaxed now that some things had been aired and they could all just enjoy the rather nice day. Though she was interested in her father's outburst still.

"Someone causing you trouble, Athair?" The woman asked rather idly, not really expecting him to answer her question, but figuring it didn't hurt anyone to ask out of mere interest over what might have caused him to react as he had. Other than that, Seren ate quietly while keeping an eye on the children to make sure they ate their fill.
07-05-2013 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Áedán Ó Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Raven
Clann: Ua Nemain

I’m not weak-hearted, I’d just rather not end up on the end of a witchwood spear for saying the wrong thing… Aedan sighed, through his teeth, glanced over at Seren again, fingers squeezing hers. The pard, Old Tom, on the other hand, didn’t even make him jump, unlike his potential ‘Athair-In-Law’, and he simply gave it a quiet look, making note of the creature’s apparent habit.

“If anyone has a claim to my brother’s head for any reason, I believe Seren’s first in line for the…honor.” Abbey spoke, lightly, as Aedan measured his thoughts and finally made himself speak directly to Niall, fingers still tracing circles on Seren’s arm.

“I’d think it would be my Athair that would be more of a concern…” He murmurs, at last, glancing at his sister, who gave him an encouraging nudge, and speaks up again, slowly. “Our Mathair does do some business and trade with countries that require passing through Lost Prydain, but all we’ve brought from there have been legal trade. We used to travel through for oil, textiles, reagents for folk who place requests.”
07-13-2013 09:50 AM
Abbey Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Abbey spoke, at this, leaning forwards. “Not much point in going over land to Tiber, anymore, and our mother has contacts among the Fox who give us a fair price to use their storage space when trading with the Tiberians… It’s the Ashurids that require any travel through Lost Prydain, and Mathair has been very strict in her instructions not to touch, bother, banter, or irritate those who live there. Bad Blood is Bad Business.” She reached forwards, at this, carefully lifting a glass, examining it slowly, and taking a sip from its contents. “The items the Ashurid have for export are quite valuable here in Cels, so we have nothing to gain in causing any trouble that could hinder our trade… The spices and silk have been quite popular for quite awhile, though we’re not seeing much demand for things like rice….”

She smiles, at this – a far more charming expression that her brother’s current somber, more serious one, and chuckled. “But it isn’t as though we don’t have those who would pretend to be of our fine and company, and try to cause trouble in an effort to undermine the business of Fine RedBird. Not everyone is pleased to see Mathair’s business ventures be as successful as they are.” Her voice is matter-of-fact, and she doesn’t seem to be weaving any mistruths – and, indeed, Smiling Iron’s trade to lower regions was rather surprisingly free of more illegal efforts…

( Besides, their contacts in Norland were far more reliable when it came to iron, and far closer to their trade hub. )

Her eyes follow Niall as heads towards the Nemed, and she takes a moment to flash a smile to her companions, before her attention turns back – interest heightening all the more at the mention of ‘Black Guards’ knowing something, her jade eyes gleaming with interest… before turning towards Derdriu, as she settled next to her. She paused, blinked, then smiled a greeting, seeming genuinely pleased at the possibility of, perhaps, talking with the painted woman.
07-13-2013 10:06 AM
Niall Ó Mórrígan-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Clann: Ua Morrigan

The meal began without much fanfare and the children were quite interested in not only the roasted boar, but the large pard eying it with quite a bit of intent. If there was any pard in all of the High Kingdom that would take down a Great Boar and eat it, it would be ol' Tom. That Cretan of a pard was now slowly slinking his way along the chairs and passing by everyone. Niall was listening to everyone and had pulled out a large elkhorned hunting knife to slice up the boar with vigor. His mind was racing at the same time as he was dealing with new variables in the plan. Somehow, the Black Guards, the very ones he had wished to avoid had learned of his intentions. The very idea of having the Royal Police after him was something that the Lord of Ravens did not have the patience or stomach for.

"Ye have heard of the Black Guards eh? The Gardai Dubh? Them gits are suppose ta be dead, no record of 'em in the last three centuries or so. Not since Nuada made them up a while back. Seems a source of mine has gotten proof they still exist, an' they know of sometin perhaps only five other people in all o' the Kingdom do," he replied. Blinking the fact the was now dancing toward the very subject he wished to speak to his daughter in private was a little disconcerting. He glanced over to Derdriu and barked out a few words to her as the girl came to stand beside him. As they spoke the pard jump up on the table near the children and promptly sat in front of Aedan and Abbey's plate after he and Abbey had finished speaking.

The conversation between child and father would go on for a few minutes. Derdriu gave a very somewhat pained look as Niall then made a quick sharp gesture toward the mansion. Sighing she walked up and whistled as two of the painted warriors broke away from where they had been standing and headed into the greater compound with her. Shaking his head the Raven Lord glanced at the pard and sighed.

"Tom...you do not get to eat, touch or go near the twins' food. That or ye canna sleep wit the Hounds tonight rather than wit everyone else," he said. The pard just seem intent on staring at Aedan as most things at the entire compound seemed intent on messing with the poor man. Niall actually felt sorry for the pard's decisive move to torture the poor lad. Whatever, Seren's reaction was going to be would only likely make things worse to a degree. Once Tom decided to do something he was going to do it. Perhaps that was why the Raven bred cat was covered in some scars and had a slightly ripped ear. Marks of his days as a champion mouser and tom cat in the local neighborhood.

"Fucking pards more iffy than a damn recently bathed Cadno," the man said. He took a moment to then sit back and regard his visitors. Even with them here, he was still getting embroiled in the day to day affairs. To slough off those problems is not something he could simply do. I sit here eating with my family gingerly. The Ua Badb have risen their levies in rebellion against me. House ShadeCrow defies the rule of House BlackBird. I never forget what is done to my family. This night and eve is a mark of happiness. A moment before the plunge I must take and the storm overtakes us. The man's thoughts were carefully veiled by his actions as he watched ol' Tom.

The antics would hide things for a bit longer. Derdriu was now simply gone from the conversation at this point. Why was he hold out this any much longer. Niall wanted to give Seren some time for enjoyment before he brought her world shattering down.

My Tracker
[/align]
07-19-2013 08:49 PM
Seren Uí Lugh-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Elk
Clann: Ua Lugh

"And just why would you be concerned with the Black Guard, Athair? And vice-versa?" Seren asked casually, though if he didn't answer her then they'd just shrug and continue with the meal, which was pleasant enough if not for the lurking pard. The woman didn't normally mind them, in fact she enjoyed the company of most animals, but this one had clearly been allowed to think itself the top cat in the neighbourhood -- which probably shouldn't have been surprising -- and seemed to be eyeing the twins.

The exchange between Niall and Derdriu was ignored by the woman for the most part, especially with Ol' Tom decided to jump onto the table and stare at the twins. Seren's features lowered into a frown again as she watched the beast. Apparently it seemed to want to cause Aedan discomfort, just as many of the folk here had seemed compelled to do and Seren reached out with her Wild Charm.

"Seems a lot of inhabitants here either lack or have not been taught how to have respect for visitors," The young woman commented as she made sure to get the pard's attention and glared at the large feline as she instructed it to get off the table. It might take some moments of a staring competition, but Seren was a strong-willed woman, a mother, and perhaps even more stubborn than both of her parents, and could easily out-stare a pard. You will respect me and my kin, beast. Seemed the woman would have to start putting her foot down with many people around her. A shame, but one had to do what they had to do.

The children were quiet as they ate, knowing the expression on their mother's face and glancing briefly at their father to see if he could ease her a little more. They were still rather excited to be spending some time around their Raven kin, but clearly Seren was irritable by some things. A long sigh was released and the woman finished her meal.

"Athair, I hoped for a relaxed and comfortable time today. I wished to bring my family so that not only you could know my children and how fine and intelligent they are, but also because I wished you to properly meet the man I have loved for many years," Seren gave Aedan's hand a small squeeze and her features softened warmly as she glanced at her beloved. Thinking a moment, she then added tentatively as she looked to her father again.

"Certainly, you must know by now that I intend for us to be wed in the future," The near future, the woman had decided recently. That piece of information, Seren hadn't brought up with Aedan yet, though perhaps that was partly because of her slight annoyance over not having been told about the new foster daughter.

The children's faces lit up though and Rozenwyn had to hold back a small giggle. Noticing it, seren couldn't help a small smirk. She glanced at Aedan again and leaned in close to speak quietly, "I trust there is no objection?" It was something everyone who knew them expected would happen eventually. She was still deciding if she might yet surprise him when she decided on an exact date.
07-28-2013 06:30 PM
Abbey Uí Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Abbey's gaze focused on Niall as he spoke again, her eyes gleaming with interest... the chance to learn more about the long-vanished Gardai Dubh,... now that was an even more interesting opportunity, now, wasn't it? The volume of data there was to gain, here, was something else - first the Painted Folk, and now this?

She grinned broadly.

The advent of the pard was little concern, to the woman, and she merely shifted her plate back, hoping that the conversation would return... but, it seemed, the cat had ruined the moment, and she sighs, and takes a sip from her glass, chuckling at Seren's declaration - no news to her, after all, the two had discussed it, before... and Abbey had scoffed at Seren's concern that Aedan might not actually be up for it.
08-16-2013 05:20 PM
Áedán Ó Nemain-Sleá Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Aedan stays settled where he is, as the pard leaps up onto the table, watching the creature in silence, mouth flattening out to a thin line as he stared at the creature with slow-growing annoyance … Was it really not enough to be dealing with his father’s lover, but to have a beast try to play dominance, too? He opens his mouth, slightly, bares his teeth as they reshape into fangs – playing at the staring match just as adeptly as Seren, though his stare wasn’t backed by Wild Charms…

Though it broke at Seren’s mention of being wed, the man’s gaze moving towards her and his face splitting into a broad, toothy grin – no denying the light of adoration in his eyes, the look of a man lost and never to be rescued – and his fingers moved to tangle with hers, pulling them up so he could quickly steal a kiss to her knuckles.

(( …fuck the old man, my beloved just said she wanted to get hitched and I am absolutely on board. ))
08-16-2013 05:22 PM
Niall Ó Mórrígan-Mór Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Clann: Ua Morrigan

To sit and have food with family and friends. That very sense of being that came from having such an experience was calming to the Lord of the Raven. His green eyes however were far from steady that night as the eve began to come to the day. NIall heard his family chatting, but his mind was once again elsewhere as it was much these past several years. With all the moves upon the mental game board there was so much to lose at this point. His servant had recently informed of the return of a fairly dangerous faction in Sidhe politics. Niall began to run the facts of the Black Guard within his mind.

"Hmmm, the Picts are not a friendly sort," he said suddenly pulling away from his review of the problems at the moment. Whatever feud existed between the Tribes of the lost lands of Prydain and the 'red hairs' was lost on him. HE had spent what, six to seven years working with the members of the Ua Fodla? The work that had been done with them had procured valuable information in the growing plan that Nial had started on near the end of the Great Clann War. The plan to unite all Sidhe into a true nation. However, the plans had changed at the birth of Derdriu and the ensuing situation hat had been born from it.

"Their matriarchal in nature, and the women openly take men they think will bring strong children. The Albans would squirm at that notion, blood purists would utterly hate the eastern tribes," he said simply. He then looked across the entire table and took in what the two twins were doing. What was he going to be doing at this point? The Lord of Ravens dived back into the situation with the Black Guards. Created years ago by the High King Nuada himself, the Gardai Dubh, or Black Guards had served as the personal body guard, and the secret police of the High Kingdom for centuries.

Then one day they had simply vanished. All gone. Some said they had long been in league with the mysterious name of the Fomor, or the rumored lesser giants of the land. All knew that the Fomor were just some myth. However, as he thought more about it there were dangers lurking int he past and in the future.

"Seems our dinner is moving along nicely," he said as he then he responded to Abbey, he then heard the comment about getting married.

"At my age daughter marriage is something that you do for a moment or for when you truly love someone. I do not care who you marry as they make you happy and are some gutter idiot who will get you killed. Danu strike me with lightning that I've already lost two loves, and a few children for various reasons. Your grandmother's own foolishness caused a Clann War with my father. So just be smart about it," he said in a strange moment of clarity and then eyed Aedan.

"So understand son of the Iron Queen. If you feck it up I will kill you, and even your mother will not be able to keep you from screaming. Otherwise enjoy the dinner, keep my daughter happy, and also know that if you screw up your mother will likely be second in line to punish you, after Aithne."

His voice was in the formal tongue he used when dealing with negotiations as necessary.

"To those who be curious, the Black Guards seemingly have returned an' fortified Dun Cels. A commander in black armor at their head, wit' orders from the Silver-Arms to hold the place till a new King or Queen is crowned." He said and just cut up a bit of the boar meat and chewed on it.

My Tracker
[/align]
08-22-2013 08:49 PM