Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Alfland
Clann: Thoringar

A Day in the way of Jarls [Open] - Date Updated
[Date: 7th Einmanudur, 1722 ATA]

[Weather: Cloudy, threatening to rain.]

[Image: cacd4086-adae-43b8-9ee8-f63913544e78_zpsc732654a.jpg]

Jarl Ingolf Solvkin, a man of some clout at the very least within the families here, stepped from the Mountgate and up towards the city. It was a familiar sight, the palisade walls, the districts of this old place. While the Sidhe had likely seen many a year, this place had been around for as long as anyone could even recall remembering time.

He was dressed in some heavier garments of dark leather brown with trimming on the chest of his family's colors, the dark forest green and dim gold shifted with him as he passed through the gates unopposed along with his guardsmen and servants. The summons had been a general meeting of holders, and so much was to be a part of the celebration of meeting, honor sought forth and collections made. He did look forward to seeing some old faces again, revere those who had passed on and discuss the local gamblings that ad proved fruitful or not. His biggest joy was meeting with the Jarl of the Jotunland, whose feats of strength had a dozen years back surprised them all with their trophies. Though for now as they settled into the home set aside for the Jarl of Alfland, his eyes had wondered about, pondering any difference in such ancient and well used a place.

Taking two guards and his own axes, he moved about the streets of the market district and the Jarl district. To be honest, to himself at least, there was one part of this city that reminded him of his country's false issues that grew with each year. and that with which the Oaks ever struggled for the light of the sun known as the King were apperent in his lands as well as the Gulgard to impress upon him for preference of deals. He sighed a bit, shaking his head as he passed one tavern;

just where in the world was this world going to, and what did it have in store?
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 08:28 PM by Ingolf Solvkin.)
06-01-2013 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Linnéa Foxtongue Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Vanaland
Clann: Freyringar

RE: A Day in the way of Jarls [Open] - Date Updated
The summons had been something of interest, that was for certain, but Linnéa had taken the opportunity to get a couple of days reprieve from the neverending job as a mother. She loved her children, there was no denying that, and loved being a role model for them and able to teach the many things that they would eventually need to know, but that didn't mean she couldn't use a little time to herself as well. And so, she had travelled with her husband to Jarlstad to attend the celebration of meeting and such.

Where Tryggve was currently was part of his business; though Linnéa was sure that he was taking some time to catch up with some old faces and friends. She, also, had her own people to see and talk with and had done so already earlier in the day. As such, she was now free to wander around for a time. She had a couple of guards at her rear and sword in hilt as she looked around the streets, taking in anything of note, and considering the idea of browsing the market for a time. Perhaps there were some little knick-knacks and things she could buy for the children. Just as she turned a corner though, she spotted a somewhat familiar face and a sly smile tugged at her lips as she tilted her head before walking toward him.

"Well, hello there to you, Jarl of Alfland!" The blonde woman's eyes sparkled with mirth as she smiled and greeted Ingolf. "Its good to see you again. Did you just arrive or have you been enjoying the day outside around the town as well before those clouds decide to release their bounty on us all?" She reached up to straighten her cap a little as she glanced upward to the looming cloudcover. It would provide a nice atmosphere at least, when they were all inside later, with fires, drinks, and stories aplenty.
07-12-2013 10:05 AM
Ingolf Solvkin Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Well who knows, I myself enjoy the warm rains myself. Reminds me it does not need to be simply miserable weather most days and chill at that." He spoke mildly with a brief smile, eyeing the wife of the Vanaland Jarl. Nodding polite and respect both, He felt a bit of caution with her, as with the factions he tried to keep himself neutral to was there always room for advertisement.

"You find anything of interest in the district? I just arrived from finishing the trip here. Though it does seem that the company of the King itself is rather limited for obvious reasons." Now that was the other reason he was being particularly cautious with Linnea. for now the Gullgard and White Oaks were taking the full use of it, but the rumors of the Black Oak shadows upon the throne had been direct enough; he did not know of Linnea's membership, but simply her leanings.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 08:39 PM by Ingolf Solvkin.)
07-12-2013 08:39 PM
Linnéa Foxtongue Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"True enough, though I still find it to hold a slight chill compared to home in Vanaland," The woman adjusted her cloak slighly before giving a small smirk, "Besides, fur becomes more a hinderance to wear when it becomes wet." She was aware of the study of her person by the Jarl of Alfland, and neither surprised nor offended by it. He was probably wise to be cautious around her, not that she would wish to give him reason to be so and kept most things concerning to herself.

"I've only just come out from meeting with some friends I've not seen in some time, myself. Have not come across anything worthy of note yet so far," An elegant shrug and small sniff as she glanced at a passerby for a moment before returning her attention to Ingolf with raised brows before she gave a grin nod. "Indeed, worrisome business that, with the King seemingly sickly at the moment, last I heard. And rumours aplenty running wild over it as well. It does make one wonder what could happen next, doesn't it..." Her voice trailed off as she looked at Ingolf with her unassuming gaze.
07-13-2013 09:47 AM
Ingolf Solvkin Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Well enough, though it does come with horrible timing." He sighed, looking to his men and hers. "Out of curiosity, have your men any knowledge of that fishing expedition our mutual friend was wanting to set up? If you had the time I would like to discuss a bit of it myself in some balcony-wind strove area; us in private would be the start of a dozen rumors between our holds sadly." He smiled sardonically now at that, subtle as the first but he allowed himself to relax a bit. He recalled some words in passing with Aleksander about Linnea and her husband, though of the two it seemed he might get along better with the wife for pride's sake.

"My mind is trying otherwise to figure out if we even have access to assisting the king's health. honestly I do not see anyone short of physicians being allowed to see him about the cause and case. If they do however bring up something for us to work with perhaps; but, none of my sources have approached me yet." A tidbit left out, perhaps for a tidbit back in.
07-13-2013 11:12 AM
Linnéa Foxtongue Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"The elements make no time for the issues of lowly dwellers, unfortunately," The Lady chuckled wryly, but a brow rose as Ingolf asked his question and a small smirk appeared on her lips, "Ah yes. The fishing expedition. We were told of it, though only a few days ago and as such have kept it mostly to ourselves until we return home again." She smiled politely, however, a small amused glint reached her eyes, "Gods forbid the kinds of rumours that could evolve from speaking privately; many of them no doubt sending my husband into a rage," She mused, though gave a small nod.

"I am sure there is somewhere we can speak and be observed. A couple of my men are aware, and I am curious of what you wish to discuss," Linnéa smiled lightly with a small tilt of her head, though there was no mistaking the intelligence in her gaze as she studied the Jarl of Alfland. The topic of the King brought with is a small sigh as she frowned slightly.

"I hear he is difficult to treat, and not only because of his manner," Brows rose a little though as her gaze shifted and she watched Ingolf, "At least that is what I have been able to dig up. Due to the difficulty, it is even more difficult for most anyone to be near him if not a physician."
07-17-2013 08:29 PM
Ingolf Solvkin Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"well perhaps we shall hear something at the Allthing later today. Otherwise if you would be so kind then lead on." He gestured ready to follow. "And your husband is a nasty thing in a beserk if I might add. Part of the reason I tend to avoid irating my northern and western siblings for that matter. It tends to escalate quite quickly when we are not leashing in our tempers."

When they finally arrived at the location, he let all but two of his men remain with him, resting with a bit more ease before looking up. "It is good to hear Aleksander did his own parts well, I myself have been working at this for a good five years. It should bring in quite the catch to say the least." He mused.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 06:58 AM by Ingolf Solvkin.)
07-17-2013 09:14 PM
Linnéa Foxtongue Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"That my husband is," Linnéa laughed lightly, "And I find myself a very lucky woman, since his fierceness in battle is equalled by his passions in the bedroom and his love and adoration of me." She grinned widely at Ingolf, "It was a very good match made for us, and the gods have blessed us well with two beautiful children so far. Of course, it may only be a matter of time before there is another." A small smirk touched her lips, though she had decided it might be worth putting off thinking about until this business with their 'fishing trip' was done with.

Like the man accompanying her currently, Linnéa allowed a couple of people to remain nearby while she took a breath and gazed at the people buzzing around the market from their vantage point, "I do hear it will be quite the catch, indeed. I was rather intrigued to hear of it. Almost tempting enough to give my sealegs some long needed reminder that I've not retired. But, I am perhaps better suited remaining where it is easier to hear word of things going on among the Holds, especially with the King's current state."
07-29-2013 08:25 AM
Ingolf Solvkin Offline
The Iron Folk
Aesir

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"It all depends how you wish to involve yourself with it," He leaned in the chair he found to sit down, resting against the backrest. "Though I have my hooks, yo and your husband have your respective nets." He chuckled. "Though I had a suspicion perhaps to how much interest the Vanalanders have in this? You may be pleasantly or not be surprised by what may come from my wares in the next couple weeks upon where those fish are, as I have found a means by which to mimic their breeding grounds." The navy and castles of the Heron both were something of a sight, and as far as Ingolv was concerned, needed to be weakened if not neutralized fully if they were to have any impact on the clanns there.
07-30-2013 07:02 AM