The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
Edana Uí Clíodhna Offline
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe: Clann Wolf
Clann: Ua Cliodhna

RE: The Moon That Breaks The Night [Wild Pups]
The woman twitched just slightly as she felt herself wrapped up inside warm arms, before she slowly relaxed just a fraction. She just needed this moment and then she could get on with things. Just this small bit of comfort for herself so that she could gather her strength again and face the cruel, unkind world once again. She knew she would have to; she couldn't stay hidden away, pretending some kind of fantasy place where life wasn't all that difficult.

And Corrigan was warm, and smelled nice she noticed as she shifted slightly so that their cheeks were pressed together slightly while she buried her face against his neck, and he was someone she knew... someone she'd helped, that reminded her that she'd been able to do that once; help people who were even less fortunate than herself in her lowly position. She could trust him, that much she believed.

Just like Edana was certain that Corrigan believed his words; that she was safe. She wanted to believe him as well, more than anything. But she knew that it was only a matter of time. Cullen would come for her sooner or later and she didn't want the people here to get hurt because of her. She was sure that they could hold their own and everything, but there were always casualties in confrontations like this. She'd prefer to be the only one.

She wouldn't ruin his belief though. She'd let him hold onto that, to help him feel better. And when she was recovered, then she'd leave. It was best for everyone.

"'m sorry..." Edana mumbled softly once she'd calmed down, was trembling less, and the tears had dried up for the most part, "'m just... upset. If I'd just held out a little longer..." She took a shaky breath and moved a hand up to rub her eyes as she pulled her head back a little. She didn't make a move to leave his lap though, not just yet.

"Maybe I'm just tired," Leaning against him slightly still, Edana ducked her head again, messy hair falling in front of her face as she moved a hand to play with some of it. She swallowed as she considered probably getting off the poor man, feeling a little embarrassed now for having lost control like that, feeling a bit like an idiot. He was kind though; seemed to understand, and maybe that's why she'd felt comfortable enough to let go. But now she bit her lip while she thought about her actions.

"I'll be okay," She murmured as she dropped her legs so her feet touched the floor; moving as though she was considering getting off his lap.
07-16-2013 02:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

He didn't lower his head any further, not until Edana pressed her face against his neck - and finally let himself press his face to her hair, holding her carefully, his own breathing evening out as she curled in his arms. It was...

It was strange, and it felt... he was glad, yes, that was the word.

Glad that she could trust him enough to feel she could... to let him hold her, while she shook, to let him... anchor her? Maybe that was the word. He wasn't good with figuring this kind of thing out, and he was willing to admit it, if only to himself, but the trust... With all the marks and scars he'd seen on her skin? So many, many more than those he'd remembered...

That she could still find it to trust him enough for this, was... it felt good. No other word for it.

Warm and good and he just soaked in the feeling, of it all, waiting for her to calm down, to recover herself, feeling all the worry and tension that he hadn't realized he'd been carrying start to loosen all the knots in his own frame. "...nothing we can do about that, I guess, is there? I mean... we can't change what's happened, only what can happen."

He doesn't think to loosen the arm that slides down to rest comfortably on her waist, not really thinking about it as he snorts, yawns, and reaches out to tuck some of her hair back behind her ears, sleepily watching her eyes. "Probably still gonna be tired for awhile, 'til you're all better. I 'unno, I mean, I slept a lot when I arrived, and that was just from travel and being kind of sick." He smiles, slightly, as he finishes tucking the hair he'd toyed with behind her ear, the look in his eyes just... warm, content, and perfectly happy.
07-16-2013 04:31 PM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Feeling somewhat safe and warm and maybe even a little sheltered for the time being while she was curled up and being held, something in the back of Edana's mind still fought against it, though was quiet enough to be ignored for the moment. She just wanted this small selfish thing, as odd as it was, and not really something she could explain. She knew the problem lay in getting attached to it, so she would have to back away before that happened.

And as much as she knew nothing could be done to change what had already happened, Edana simply hated the fact that she wore the proof of her history on her body. She'd taken a moment to look in a mirror since her arrival and felt sick. Covered in scars and marks, she was an ugly disfigured thing... another mark against her to go along with her orphaned and peasant statuses.

"What can happen..?" The woman's voice was flat as she repeated the words. What was there really for her aside from picking up jobs doing the one thing she knew best and was rather good at? She supposed, it worked for some people, perhaps it would work for her. And it would keep others at arm's length. She wouldn't have to get hurt, or be the cause for someone else to be hurt. That was what she wanted, wasn't it?

Corrigan hadn't seemed to even notice Edana's movements that were a general tell that she was going to stand up, instead holding her in place just as firmly, though his hand had moved to her waist and he was watching her. Edana wanted to hide her face, but he was pushing the hair from her eyes and she bit her lip as her faze slid to the side slightly, her cheeks burning up just a little. What was that look? No one looked at her that way. She nodded at his explanation though, before clearing her throat, fingers twitching wanting to pull her hair in front of her face to hide it again.

"So... tired means, maybe I should go back to bed..." Edana spoke quietly as her gaze moved back to meet Corrigan's again and she felt her cheeks warm even more. She wasn't sure what was going on, but her stomach was feeling a little weird, apart from being full. She bit her lip and cleared her throat again before she continued softly, "For that to happen, you might need to let me go so I can stand..."
07-17-2013 04:32 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

"Well, yeah, I mean, like." He frowned, brows scrunching a bit, then carefully elaborated, a bit uncertain. "You can't change what's happened, and you can only move towards what you want to do, right? I mean..." He shrugged, a little helplessly, still watching her, gold eyes blinking slowly.

He stiffened, after a moment, going pink. "Oh. Uhm. Right. I. Sorry." His hand lifted, quickly, from her hip, moved to rub at the back of his neck as his eyes slid sideways. "Sorry. Uhm. Wasn't thinking, I guess. Sorry."
07-17-2013 08:46 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I don't know what I want to do..." Edana bit her lip as she thought about it, but it was very true. She'd spent so much of her life doing what she'd been told or made to do, that the utter concept of deciding what she wanted in life was foreign to her. She felt very uneasy and unsettled with that, and fidgeted a little with her hands, trying not to get upset again. It still came down to her state in the end.

Still, she was at least a little distracted when Corrigan seemed to realise that he was still holding her, and she couldn't help the small bashful smile at his slight embarrassment. "Its alright," She assured him quietly with a small pat on the knee before she pushed herself to her feet gracefully, and rubbed one of her arms.

"I'm sorry for waking you up... you seem to need the sleep too," The woman added as she glanced at Corrigan, having noted his earlier yawn and the kind of sleepy way he'd been watching her. Remembering that, she played with her hair, pushing some of it free from where it had been tucked so that he covered much of her face, especially her cheeks, again.

"It can't be comfortable sitting outside my room, after all," Edana bit her lip and glanced away. She felt bad about that. But then sighed, "Um, yeah, so... should head back to bed, I suppose..."
07-17-2013 08:58 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

"Starting with figuring out what'll keep you happy seems a place to start, right? I mean... I didn't think much aside from that I wanted to be with my brother, and..." He trailed off. "...it worked out just fine, for us. Probably easier, in the end, than any of us really deserve, but... luck is luck." He glanced up, smiled again, even as he stood after her, moving to fuss with the dishes, using a little anam as he walked over to a washbasin to swirl a little water in and around the inside of the bowls. "You'll find something good, too, 'm sure of it."

He settled the bowls into the basin, stretched out a bit, then started scrubbing at them with his knuckles. "'s alright. I'm used to sleepin' odd. The boss usually has me running around in the middle of the night when big things start cooking. Keepin' an eye on folks that shouldn't be coming around, that kind of thing." He studied one bowl, scattering a few sparse drops of water over it for a quick rinse, poured it into the next. "Wood floor's still better than rocks, you know?"
07-17-2013 09:19 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"Not ending in the same situation I was in, is the only thing I really know I want..." Edana fiddled with her hair as she bit her lip. "I... I guess I didn't think I would actually survive getting this far. Figured I'd have died before anyone could find me..." What does one plan for when they don't believe they had a future, after all? "I'd rather die than go back..." She added quietly, fingernail tapping the table as she leaned against it, watching Corrigan from the corner of her eye as he cleaned the dishes.

"I don't know about that..." Murmuring in response to his assuredness that she would find something good, Edana didn't particularly want to entertain the thought of that. It made going back to a rough life a lot more difficult to deal with. She doubted she could even fit in with something good. The idea seemed foreign.

Edana scratched her head, frowning a little as she did, "Yeah, but I mean... I you don't have to stay outside my room. You could be sleeping in your bed -- I'm sure it'd be even more comfortable than wood floor." Somehow she didn't think he was really going to let up on his seeming guard duty though, which made her wonder exactly what he was guarding for or against. Maybe it was just as he said though, just in case she needed anything.

"I just... don't want to put you out..." The woman murmured, scuffling her foot a little before she straightened and rubbed her arm again. "You've already done more than enough for me..."
07-17-2013 10:04 AM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

"Well, you don't have to go back, so you don't have to worry about that." There's a decisive tone to Corrigan's voice, a stone-solid certainty, and he scratches at a patch of food with one nail. "You've gotten this far, and you're gonna be fine, and even if you don' believe me, I do, and I've been pretty right about things turning out okay when I'm around so far."

There's a joking tone to his voice, and he grins, slightly. "Alright. You already found a good place, right? That's one step in the right direction, an' proof that you can get something good going." The certainty never wavers, though, just shows all the more as he talks. "Pfft, an' my bed isn't all that much better, I share a room with my brothers, and Gourgy snores, it's downright awful sometimes."

He paused, then shrugged, setting the other bowl aside. "Seriously, though, don' worry about it, I'm no' doing it 'cause I've got to - nobody's said 'Hey Corrigan you watch that door in case she needs something' - I'm doin' it 'cause I want to." He huffs. "It's...not a big deal, don't worry."
07-19-2013 08:32 AM
Child of Danu
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

"I... wasn't planning on going back," Edana tilted her head at Corrigan, wondering if he thought she was actually thinking that a possibility. Not alive, she wouldn't be. She just sighed though and gave a soft smirk as he stated that he was usually right about tings turning out okay when he was around.She figured he was probably teasing, though admittedly he was right in that she had found herself stumbling onto a place with good people. It didn't mean she could stay here though.

She still wasn't sure about being able to get something good going.

Edana gave a small disgrunted huff as Corrigan insisted that the floor was fine -- even compared to his own bed -- though her features softened into something a little uncertain when he admitted that he looked out for her because he wanted to. It was kind of sweet, really. But she still didn't like him sacrificing his own comfort for her, whether it was in case she needed something, or just to help her feel safer. She walked over to him and nudged him with her good hip.

"You're wrong about one thing," Edana said quietly as she glanced at him with a brow raised, "It is a big deal. To me, at least." She then reached a hand up to clasp the other side of his face while she leaned up to place a kiss on Corrigan's cheek. "You're kind," She said with a small smile and then took a breath as she dropped her hand down and thought.

"Well, if you're insistant on making sure I'm fine... then why not just stay in my room? You can share my bed, I don't mind and its not like we haven't slept cuddled up before... and I can then just kick you out the side if I need something," The woman offered a small smile at the joke, and then shrugged gently, "I just... feel bad, is all. At least this way you're not as uncomfortable and you get to check on me a lot easier?" She was admittedly a little nervous about her offer, but told herself that it was Corrigan. She would be okay.
07-20-2013 02:13 PM
Smiling Iron Offline
Sidhe Gang
Sidhe

Profile | Plot | Tracker

Tribe:
Clann:

"Exactly." Corrigan nods, one hand on his hip. "We won't let anyone try to make you leave, either. We've got tricks for that." His tone is decisive, determined, and assured, and he grins, all teeth.... then blinks, slowly, as Edana reached over to hold the side of his face and press a kiss to his cheek.

He goes faintly pink, and blinks, slowly, before rubbing, awkwardly, at his cheek. "I. Uhm. I. It's... I don't want to impose, I mean, uh, I."

True, they had slept, close, before - and, well... with a lot less between them, but... there were certain differences, weren't there? Like. He was. Like.

He rubs his face with a hand, eyes focused towards his feet, blinking rapidly. "I. Uhm. It's... if.... if you'd like me to, I can, I... I really am fine outside, I don't want to be a bother-"
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 07:32 AM by Smiling Iron.)
07-21-2013 04:14 PM